Sidney Crosby surpassing Alexander Ovechkin in career points watch (UPD: Ovechkin ahead by 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I don’t get why power play points is a bad thing on hf. Like power plays literally happen in 99%+ more for a team in a game. You are getting a pp consistently throughout a season. So being good at it is pretty important for a players production. But on hf it means ur garbage. 5v5/60 only stat that matters. Everything else means nothing. Everything else is like coin flip win percentage in the nfl. Pure luck
It's almost as if it's a plus to be able to score reliably with a man advantage...

Some people's reasoning on here is mind boggling.

Reactions: Hippasus and drs151

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
So Kris Letang taking a point shot and it getting deflected by Hornqvist is more impressive, inherently, than every secondary assist ever. Makes sense.

We are talking in general silly. Anyone can come up a hundred examples of where the player who got the secondary assists was the most important on the play, but in general the player getting the secondary assist is the most removed from the goal and has the lowest impact.

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Could it be that Crosby will never really pull away from Ovechkin in points anymore? The way it looks Ovechkin can keep up a respectable level of productivity while Crosby seems to not be able to compete with the league's top point getters anymore. The gap between the two in point production has certainly narrowed, at least this season.

Could very well be only after Ovechkin has terminated his career and Crosby keeps playing.

Reactions: Zuluss and JLaw1719

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
We are talking in general silly. Anyone can come up a hundred examples of where the player who got the secondary assists was the most important on the play, but in general the player getting the secondary assist is the most removed from the goal and has the lowest impact.

Sure, but that’s a far cry removed from primary PP point >>>>>> secondary assists.

Randyne

May 20, 2012
All I can say is in all my years of being a fan and playing the sport, I have never heard of the secondary assist argument until I came onto HF Boards. What a ridiculous argument.
OV is the most prolific goalscorer in this era and his one of the best 'secondary' assistant is himself.

TufkQgl.gif

lab7j0z.gif

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Matthews/McDavid/Laine. Lafrienere/Hughes. Roman Marcotte is coming as well. :sarcasm:

McDavid is a clear option ahead of everyone here and Laine is having real difficulties this season outside of a single month.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
One guy has 3 less points in 150 less regular season games. And is top 10 all time in playoff scoring with 185 points in 160 games. While the other is below a ppg in the playoffs. There’s really no debate to whom the better player is. Also Crosby is a Center which is a more important position with more responsibilities. All in all. It’s an all time great goal scoring winger vs an all time great Center. Easy Pickens

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The fact that there’s a thread on this and Ovechkin has played 150 more games is kind of embarrassing lol.

Why? Nobody (outside of few select individuals) is saying Ovechkin is better producer. The fact that it's so close is kind of fun to watch. I would have guessed Sid passes Ovechkin years a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad