Sidney Crosby surpassing Alexander Ovechkin in career points watch (UPD: Ovechkin ahead by 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
:huh:
Odd that they would let Ovechkin (apparently in his 2nd season) even in the Calder voting.

NHL ANNOUNCES 2005-06 TROPHY FINALISTS

even worse that he won.
Calder Memorial Trophy award winners at hockeydb.com

If you're going to join the conversation at least brush up on the basics.

Thread is talking about points, at least that was said in the title. And when it comes to points Crosby >> Ovechkin

And yea I was wrong about when Ovechkin started in the league but it doesn't change the fact Ovechkin has played 141 more games than Crosby but only has a 6pt lead

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Thread is talking about points, at least that was said in the title. And when it comes to points Crosby >> Ovechkin

And yea I was wrong about when Ovechkin started in the league but it doesn't change the fact Ovechkin has played 141 more games than Crosby but only has a 6pt lead
Lets put it this way.
A player in the League right now will very possibly surpass Crosby in points and AR trophys, points.
I cant see anyone in the League right now or inthe past thats going to replicate what Ovy has done.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Crosby fanboys are basically unwilling to get past the notion that points is not some holy stat that perfectly encapsulates the overall value of a player's production. They will fight on this hill and die on it if necessary.

Imagine the entertainment value of seeing them lose their shit if Crosby somehow fails to pass Ovechkin in points.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008

so you contradicted yourself here... ovechkin has a lead in points but when it comes to points its crosby >> ovechkin ?

what you need to accept is that ovi has/had more than a 6 pt lead over crosby for a decade... the higher ppg stat does nothing here because it has less value than the raw numbers. the pace argument does not favor crosby in a 8 vs 87 debate... its gone... even when crosby catches up to ovi... the majority of their careers ovechkin was ahead. of course you can find other reasons to up crosby over ovi as some pens fans resorted to adding playoff points a few pages ago or cups all that is valid i guess. in this case however one guy has simply more than the other and no amount of ppg can change that.

Reactions: shtorm2005

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
so you contradicted yourself here... ovechkin has a lead in points but when it comes to points its crosby >> ovechkin ?

what you need to accept is that ovi has/had more than a 6 pt lead over crosby for a decade... the higher ppg stat does nothing here because it has less value than the raw numbers. the pace argument does not favor crosby in a 8 vs 87 debate... its gone... even when crosby catches up to ovi... the majority of their careers ovechkin was ahead. of course you can find other reasons to up crosby over ovi as some pens fans resorted to adding playoff points a few pages ago or cups all that is valid i guess. in this case however one guy has simply more than the other and no amount of ppg can change that.

Crosby > Ovechkin

Crosby with more points (185) and higher PPG (1.16) than Ovechkin in the playoffs
Crosby with a better PPG than Ovechkin in the regular season (and once both carriers are over Crosby will have more points than Ovechkin in way fewer games)
Crosby is better than Ovechkin in every way except one, scoring goals (I would like to see how far off Crosby is to Ovechkin 5v5). Hockey is more than scoring goals and I will take the complete hockey player over the one-dimensional player

Reactions: Sour Shoes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad