Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Clayton Kershaw

Votes: 46 83.6%

• Total voters

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Mariano Rivera belongs in the BHOF. There is an argument for Eckersley. Every other closer that’s in there is a joke.

I don't think Wilhelm or Gossage are jokes, unless you don't consider them "closers" but rather "relievers."

It's Sutter, Smith, and Fingers that don't belong.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
When it wasn't ped's it was amphetamines etc etc. There isn't a completely 'clean' era of baseball. People dwell on Bonds and Clemens because they were legends.

Comparing steroids to amphetamines is silly. For one, literally just about everyone was taking greenies, there was no advantage over other players of that era whereas we'll never know how many players were juicing but it probably wasn't near as close to 100%. For another it wasn't against any kind of law or rule at the time like PED's were and are.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Comparing steroids to amphetamines is silly. For one, literally just about everyone was taking greenies, there was no advantage over other players of that era whereas we'll never know how many players were juicing but it probably wasn't near as close to 100%. For another it wasn't against any kind of law or rule at the time like PED's were and are.
Bogus on all accounts. You could literally use everything you say to argue the exact opposite. Also, Strawberry, Gooden and many others disagree with you on their effects.

Steroids weren't even tested for until 2003, so their ban in 1991 was nothing more than a pr move that they only enforced when Congress got involved. The fact that they were or weren't banned by law or rule is irrelevant anyway since morality doesn't need written rules to be recognized. Taking amphetamines or steroids is the same in terms of right and wrong.

By the way, you could buy Andro, the same shit McGwire took at GNC right next to the toy store back in the early 2000's. I did so myself in Hs. You know what I couldn't find there? Amphetamines.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Bogus on all accounts. You could literally use everything you say to argue the exact opposite. Also, Strawberry, Gooden and many others disagree with you on their effects.

Steroids weren't even tested for until 2003, so their ban in 1991 was nothing more than a pr move that they only enforced when Congress got involved. The fact that they were or weren't banned by law or rule is irrelevant anyway since morality doesn't need written rules to be recognized. Taking amphetamines or steroids is the same in terms of right and wrong.

By the way, you could buy Andro, the same shit McGwire took at GNC right next to the toy store back in the early 2000's. I did so myself in Hs. You know what I couldn't find there? Amphetamines.

I wonder if Andro was used as a cover for other PED's McGwire was using at the time...

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I wonder if Andro was used as a cover for other PED's McGwire was using at the time...
I'd take McGwire's word over Selig and the league any day. His hand picked successor Manfred is just an example of the company that prick kept.

Wonder why some of you go so hard at a select handful of players but excuse everyone else. It's comical.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I'd take McGwire's word over Selig and the league any day. His hand picked successor Manfred is just an example of the company that prick kept.

Wonder why some of you go so hard at a select handful of players but excuse everyone else. It's comical.

I'm not going hard after anyone...

I've just always wondered if Andro - which was legal - was used to misdirect an increasingly suspicious media about his PED use...

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Voted for Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, Pujols, Schilling, Beltre, Rose, Trout, Verlander, Beltran, Rolen, and Kershaw.

It's been said here already, but you simply can't have a hall of fame without Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod and Rose. Those 4 are better than 99% of the players currently in the hall of fame.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Agreed with all of this.

HOF voters are ridiculous. Yea, keep juicers (allegedly) out of the HOF but put the man in charge during the roids era in.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Agreed with all of this.

HOF voters are ridiculous. Yea, keep juicers (allegedly) out of the HOF but put the man in charge during the roids era in.

Not only was in he charge he and mlb teams knew about the steroids. Its ridiculous that clemens and bonds get killed by the media but bud selig is never mentioned and not attacked for the problems.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Not only was in he charge he and mlb teams knew about the steroids. Its ridiculous that clemens and bonds get killed by the media but bud selig is never mentioned and not attacked for the problems.

The underlings always pay the price for the boss's wrongdoings.

I'm also in the let them in camp. No one likes to point out that the juicing hitters they vilify were going against juiced pitchers

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
80% of players were on steroids around the turn of the century.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Agreed with all of this.

You do realize it’s a different set of voters (writers) who are currently voting on players, and a separate small group of dignitaries that vote on guys like Selig?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I mean guys like Pujols, Kershaw, & Trout could retire tomorrow. They'd be first ballot hall of famers. There's no argument to be made for them not getting in.

Beltre should get in on his first few tries.

A-Rod is an automatic lock without the steroids. I think he's going to wait several years to get in.

Verlander wasn't involved in the cheating. But he played for the team. Will voters hold that against him?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00