Management Should Guerin be fired?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Does Fleury even have trade value at this stage of his career, or would it be more of a favor to Fleury to send him to a better team?

I guess the dream scenario would be a team like Edmonton becoming desperate for a cheap-ish goalie with some playoff experience.
Well, his trade value is lessened because he'd have to approve any deal. I'd say he'd get a mid round pick, maybe a 2nd if MN max retains and MAF is playing decently.

I would sooner save my retention spot if by some miracle Guerin can convince Foligno, and some other team, to take him on at 25% retention. Waste of 1M on a team that has cap problems, but better than looking at him trot out on the ice for the next 4 years.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well, his trade value is lessened because he'd have to approve any deal. I'd say he'd get a mid round pick, maybe a 2nd if MN max retains and MAF is playing decently.

I would sooner save my retention spot if by some miracle Guerin can convince Foligno, and some other team, to take him on at 25% retention. Waste of 1M on a team that has cap problems, but better than looking at him trot out on the ice for the next 4 years.

IIRC the retention on Foligno would only be for this year. The new contract hasn't started yet so the retention doesn't happen for that.

Reactions: Ladde

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018

I was assured here that he had value, so much value that if we were able to waive him that he would be claimed. Why would we need to retain to be rid of a contract that has this value?

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
IIRC the retention on Foligno would only be for this year. The new contract hasn't started yet so the retention doesn't happen for that.
The good news just doesn't end with this contract extension.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023

Jordan greenway, an inferior player with a similar skillset and contract, got a 2nd without retention.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Jordan greenway, an inferior player with a similar skillset and contract, got a 2nd without retention.
You are ignoring age, and contract. Greenway was 24-5 when traded. Foligno will be 33 yo before his next contract even starts.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

The key difference is that Greenway turns 28 the year his contract ends. Foligno will be 36.

Combine that with Greenway's size and the illusion of untapped potential. Buffalo's coach also had a personal connection to him, making it sort of a "I can fix him" type deal.

Foligno probably would have been the exact type of player contenders look for as a rental though.

Reactions: MNRube

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Exactly , greenway has shown at least some glimpses of what his ceiling could be and it is higher than Foligno. Along with everything else mentioned. Also Greenway won’t derail entire playoff series with his sideshow antics and his inability to control his emotional outbursts.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Idk, i think you guys are way off on foligno & hartman's value bc we see the game fundamentally different so there isnt much to talk about i suppose.

Wrt greenway i think the "unlocked potential" buffalo was looking for was basically to have a ceiling around what foligno is now.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Idk, i think you guys are way off on foligno & hartman's value bc we see the game fundamentally different so there isnt much to talk about i suppose.

Wrt greenway i think the "unlocked potential" buffalo was looking for was basically to have a ceiling around what foligno is now.
People’s perceived view of Foligno is skewed by his horrible contract. He’s a 2 million dollar 4th liner who can play up to the 3rd when needed.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I completely forgot that AGM O’Hearn got fired before Christmas. It’s very possible the toxicity of the FO has permeated the locker-room. You have a GM who runs this organization like a dictator and a meek captain who can’t stay healthy. What a mess

Then you have the beloved equipment manager basically throwing his hands in the air and quitting

The horrible extensions

The horrible Stramel pick

If it wasn’t for Rossi & Faber, this would be Timberwolves level of embarrassing
Wait, an equipment manager also left? I thought it was their...handler?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Another name is Scott White. Been with the Stars for a long time and they have consistently good at developing young talent.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Picking Stramel over Perrault is enough for this idiot to be fired alone. Perrault was by far the bpa and fell right in our laps somehow and drunken big brain Billy marches right up to the podium and picks Stramel

Reactions: lordtrillson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad