Management Should Guerin be fired?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He’s gotta be feeling the heat now. That was the most pathetic effort I’ve ever seen from this organization.

Oh and Gabe Perreault has as many goals this season as Stramel has points.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He’s gotta be feeling the heat now. That was the most pathetic effort I’ve ever seen from this organization.

Perrault fell to us and was a no brainer. Drunken big brain Billy marched up there with his cherry red face and showed the world how smart he is lol with the Stramel pick

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Funny, because I thought the loss in Dallas was the most pathetic effort ever. Didn't think the bar would get any lower, yet here we are........

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A few more results like this and Leipold will be starting to ask why himself why he hired this Guerin in the 1st place. Two fairly high profile HR situations, a bunch of NMC signings, and no results to show.

The NMC signings of aging mediocrities have left BG with very few options.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Honestly, if you're going to fire him, I think you're best off just keeping him until the end of the season and then cutting him loose. A new GM can't change anything within this season due to the cap situation, so let Guerin stew in his own mess rather than have a new guy do so, and then let the new guy start with the some flexibility that this off-season will bring.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Guerins No Move clauses just baffle me. I kind of thought that maybe there was a little method to the madness with his roster. Thought that just maybe there was a line of BS about wanting to win each year, because it’s like his roster was getting worse each year. If they make the playoffs great, if they have the stealth tank, even better. Then the doofus throws those dumb extensions.
Those extensions/no moves are like in Christmas Vacation. Cousin Eddie (Guerin) commenting on “The Jelly Of The Month Club” (the extension/No move clauses)….The gift that keeps on giving…ya long after Cousin Eddie is fired.

Reactions: Spurgeon

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Honestly, if you're going to fire him, I think you're best off just keeping him until the end of the season and then cutting him loose. A new GM can't change anything within this season due to the cap situation, so let Guerin stew in his own mess rather than have a new guy do so, and then let the new guy start with the some flexibility that this off-season will bring.
And seriously, what good GM would want to inherit the mess that will be next year, with the 15M in cap penalties, and NMC's to aging, underperforming guys that he didn't sign, and having to convince the team's superstar to re up with this crap?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dickie Dunn

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Wild fire sale is a no-go because all the playoff-run guys to trade are locked in with no-trade agreements.

Ouch Bill Guerin. Can't even tank right

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
100% yes. I don’t trust the direction or his view of the players that are key to his vision.

But I also agree with 57special, this current mess needs to get a little worse before another GM has even a chance to fix it.

Reactions: Spurgeon

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That Foligno deal man… the second he felt any sort of salary cap breathing room he went out and signed an absolute atrocious deal.

Reactions: Minnesota

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I completely forgot that AGM O’Hearn got fired before Christmas. It’s very possible the toxicity of the FO has permeated the locker-room. You have a GM who runs this organization like a dictator and a meek captain who can’t stay healthy. What a mess

Then you have the beloved equipment manager basically throwing his hands in the air and quitting

The horrible extensions

The horrible Stramel pick

If it wasn’t for Rossi & Faber, this would be Timberwolves level of embarrassing

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Ownership needs to buy him a plane ticket out of town and we'll drive him to the airport ourselves. GMBG needs to go.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I gotta think Bill’s clock started ticking when he made the Evason firing. So far, results aren’t improved.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I gotta think Bill’s clock started ticking when he made the Evason firing. So far, results aren’t improved.
A lot of people don't understand how much the owner is involved, so most of the stuff Guerin is doing has been backed up by Leipold. I'd say there's no chance Guerin will be fired anytime soon, the owner will give him a chance to build a competitive team once the cap restrictions are gone.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
A lot of people don't understand how much the owner is involved, so most of the stuff Guerin is doing has been backed up by Leipold. I'd say there's no chance Guerin will be fired anytime soon, the owner will give him a chance to build a competitive team once the cap restrictions are gone.
And those cap restrictions are going to be in place for how long now because of all the extensions and everything?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
let’s pray this isn’t how it will go.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I completely forgot that AGM O’Hearn got fired before Christmas. It’s very possible the toxicity of the FO has permeated the locker-room. You have a GM who runs this organization like a dictator and a meek captain who can’t stay healthy. What a mess

Then you have the beloved equipment manager basically throwing his hands in the air and quitting

The horrible extensions

The horrible Stramel pick

If it wasn’t for Rossi & Faber, this would be Timberwolves level of embarrassing
Actually, the Timberwolves are really good this year.

I think it was more when the HR investigations of him and his assistant happened. He has kept a very low profile since then.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I wonder if Fleury might be a little more open to a trade than he was a month or two ago.

Does Fleury even have trade value at this stage of his career, or would it be more of a favor to Fleury to send him to a better team?

I guess the dream scenario would be a team like Edmonton becoming desperate for a cheap-ish goalie with some playoff experience.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Unfortunately I think it’s very likely you’re right

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3