Should Doug Armstrong get fired if he can't get re-sign Pietrangelo?

Should Doug Armstrong get fired if he can't re-sign Pietrangelo?

• Total voters

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
hearing alot of talk about the Blues having evidence about Vegas tampering and are waiting for him to sign to start that whole saga

this could be getting spicy

Reactions: Xanadude

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Keyword being "some." We shall see what his next contract looks like, but I'm of the mind you give the man 8.x and full NNC. I understand some think it's too much. That's fine.
Either way, I would lay money whatever contract Petro signs, he wouldn't have left STL if the same contract was offered by the Blues. STL was hist first choice, but some of you seem to think he wanted out. Do you really think he turns down STL if identical contracts are offered by all teams? C'mon.
Current reports are that he's accepting less money to go to vegas. He's also having to uproot his family, put his house up for sale, and leave everything he knows behind. Ask yourself if you'd do that if you were happy where you were. I hold no ill will towards him, but DA probably already knew what we are seeing now. That's most likely the reason he made a quick acquisition of the next best thing on the market. Get a left d, give parayko a chance to be a true first d, and if he does we extend him an offer after this season.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Vegas is new west powerhouse for NeXT 5-years. They always lack out of true dmen, but still manage to go pretty deep in the playoffs. Now they have Elite RHD, NHL top5 dmen they are going to crush and dominate. Mark my word. Bookmark it post down!

Wouldnt be shock if Pietro goes Norris level performance next season.
Petros best season was a contract year. He could also regress.

pdavemoney

May 29, 2019
Current reports are that he's accepting less money to go to vegas. He's also having to uproot his family, put his house up for sale, and leave everything he knows behind. Ask yourself if you'd do that if you were happy where you were. I hold no ill will towards him, but DA probably already knew what we are seeing now. That's most likely the reason he made a quick acquisition of the next best thing on the market. Get a left d, give parayko a chance to be a true first d, and if he does we extend him an offer after this season.
We will have to see what money AND structure looks like, but yes I can see why he would uproot his family while they are babies versus school aged, say if DA decided to trade him 6 years from now.
Just to be clear, you believe Petro chooses Vegas over STL with identical contract offers?
I mean, I have been wrong before, but that would be really shocking to me.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
hearing alot of talk about the Blues having evidence about Vegas tampering and are waiting for him to sign to start that whole saga

this could be getting spicy
Might explain why DA was so quick to sign the next best.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Current reports are that he's accepting less money to go to vegas. He's also having to uproot his family, put his house up for sale, and leave everything he knows behind. Ask yourself if you'd do that if you were happy where you were.
I left an employer where I enjoyed working with 90% of the people but my boss was a complete f***ing ass who berated me for various alleged slights, regularly wouldn't answer questions and then blamed me for not pushing for answers despite regularly telling me don't bother me, when I have an answer I'll let you know, dangled raises over my head and then yanked them away a la the fisherman in the State Farm commercial, then decided to hire someone that I'd have to report to that had less experience and no professional credential while telling me that my experience and credential didn't mean anything because he didn't think I deserved any of it.

I ended up going to a place 4 hours away, for a slight raise, to a company that wasn't nearly as welcoming, having to uproot my family and sell our house, leaving an area where we had become part of the community and people knew and loved us and what we did for the community and for those around us for an area that wasn't as welcoming to us.

So yeah, I can imagine it.

Reactions: Ranksu and Xanadude

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
We will have to see what money AND structure looks like, but yes I can see why he would uproot his family while they are babies versus school aged, say if DA decided to trade him 6 years from now.
Just to be clear, you believe Petro chooses Vegas over STL with identical contract offers?
I mean, I have been wrong before, but that would be really shocking to me.
How about we wait a day and if he signs for less in vegas we'll see how you feel about it.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I left an employer where I enjoyed working with 90% of the people but my boss was a complete f***ing ass who berated me for various alleged slights, regularly wouldn't answer questions and then blamed me for not pushing for answers despite regularly telling me don't bother me, when I have an answer I'll let you know, dangled raises over my head and then yanked them away a la the fisherman in the State Farm commercial, then decided to hire someone that I'd have to report to that had less experience and no professional credential while telling me that my experience and credential didn't mean anything because he didn't think I deserved any of it.

I ended up going to a place 4 hours away, for a slight raise, to a company that wasn't nearly as welcoming, having to uproot my family and sell our house, leaving an area where we had become part of the community and people knew and loved us and what we did for the community and for those around us for an area that wasn't as welcoming to us.

So yeah, I can imagine it.
So you're saying that's how petro felt? I'm confused. One minute you're saying he wanted to be here, and now he's leaving because his boss is a dick. Which is it?

pdavemoney

May 29, 2019
How about we wait a day and if he signs for less in vegas we'll see how you feel about it.
If he takes less, but the structure is miles different and more compatible to what Petro wanted, I will be even more upset at Armstrong. Because I just said me personally, I'd be fine doling out 8.x with full NMC. If it's less and offers the same structure as Blues alleged proposal, then of course I won't blame Army. Only that scenario OR if the money is outrageous, will I be placated. Because then it means Petro really didnt care to remain here. But here's the thing, I believe him when he says he wanted to stay here.
Hey, we will find out soon enough.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So you're saying that's how petro felt? I'm confused. One minute you're saying he wanted to be here, and now he's leaving because his boss is a dick. Which is it?
lol, You dont get it? Even me with my bad englush understood.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I say Pietro will produce 45 points or more and he has to play min at 70 GP or bet will be void. If Pietro produce less then 45 points you win.

Name bet price.
I couldn't possibly accept that bet for anything less than a Norris level performance from Petro. Like you said, vegas is the powerhouse of the west for the next 5 years. We're talking about the great Petro. He could do that on his own. Being on vegas makes it almost a given. I'll settle for top two in Norris voting, but I feel like I'm being way too generous.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I couldn't possibly accept that bet for anything less than a Norris level performance from Petro. Like you said, vegas is the powerhouse of the west for the next 5 years. We're talking about the great Petro. He could do that on his own. Being on vegas makes it almost a given. I'll settle for top two in Norris voting, but I feel like I'm being way too generous.
Im not stupid. I take a bet what I know I will win.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I'm not Pietrangelo, I don't know anyone who knows Pietrangelo. I don't know how he feels, neither do you. Neither does anyone else here AFAIK.

Perhaps - and stick with me here - Pietrangelo really wanted to be here, and Armstrong used that knowledge to try and squeeze his balls into a contract he didn't want while arguing I'm giving you the money you want, I pinky-promise I won't just randomly move you, can't you just appreciate that and suck it up and get over the rest of it? If that's the case, is it really that difficult to understand how Pietrangelo might want to be here but not feel valued and decide he needs to look elsewhere even if that's not what he really wants?

I've painted examples of how similar-looking contracts in terms of total term and total value can look really different. One is what the player really wants, the other clearly isn't but sounds like it is if you just take the words used to describe it in the most base way and omit the actual details underlying it. Try looking at those, see if you can understand how they might be way off on a deal despite superficially looking like they're close.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Perhaps - and stick with me here - Pietrangelo really wanted to be here, and Armstrong used that knowledge to try and squeeze his balls into a contract he didn't want while arguing I'm giving you the money you want, I pinky-promise I won't just randomly move you, can't you just appreciate that and suck it up and get over the rest of it?

I've painted examples of how similar-looking contracts in terms of total term and total value can look really different. One is what the player really wants, the other clearly isn't but sounds like it is if you just take the words used to describe it in the most base way and omit the actual details underlying it. Try looking at those, see if you can understand how they might be way off on a deal despite superficially looking like they're close.
Except your portraying them in a way that furthers your point, when you know nothing of the actual details. You're team petro, I'm team blues. We get it. Move on.

pdavemoney

May 29, 2019
Except your portraying them in a way that furthers your point, when you know nothing of the actual details. You're team petro, I'm team blues. We get it. Move on.
Are you ok with the Faulk extension? Would you rather have Petro at 8x8 NMC than Faulk at 7x6.5? This is why I'm frustrated. I'm not understanding the extension unless his intentions were already clear. Do you think hardballing Petro like this and him leaving makes us better now, or a few years from now? I'm not seeing the vision. We're a cap team, so in what world is letting Petro walk and signing inferior players to barely any less money making us better?!

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I'm not team anything. [Well, I still believe Armstrong is a subpar GM even with a Cup win to put at the top of his resume, but that's a topic we'll beat to death elsewhere and has nothing to do with this specific topic.]

Your claim trying to paint me as Team Petro is amusing, as is your statement that "you know nothing of the actual details" when you don't know any of them either. I'm at least trying to illustrate how two offers that are similar on the surface can be wildly different underneath so that you and others will understand gosh, they were on 8/64, how did Petro pass on that? isn't nearly that simply. I'm at least trying to illustrate how mostly positive feelings about a particular situation still don't make up for specific wants and needs, especially when someone tries to use that information to create a deal that's one-sided against the individual who has more of an emotional attachment to being there - and that it can be abused to the point that such an individual might finally say you know what, I don't want to go somewhere else, but I'm willing to do it to try and be happy.

You seem to believe that if you say you're happy here, STFU and sign the goddamned deal and stay here - otherwise, you're a full of shit lying liar who lies. YM, quite obviously, V.

pdavemoney

May 29, 2019
Are you ok with the Faulk extension? Would you rather have Petro at 8x8 NMC than Faulk at 7x6.5? This is why I'm frustrated. I'm not understanding the extension unless his intentions were already clear. Do you think hardballing Petro like this and him leaving makes us better now, or a few years from now? I'm not seeing the vision. We're a cap team, so in what world is letting Petro walk and signing inferior players to barely any less money making us better?!
I guess if I had a clearer picture of the future it would help me out, but I dont know how letting elite players walk, when the demands dont seem outrageous, and signing inferior players to poor or questionable contracts themselves (IMO) betters us.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'd rather have petro. I've made that clear. Why do you think Petro was hard balled? That's the real question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad