Should Doug Armstrong get fired if he can't get re-sign Pietrangelo?

Should Doug Armstrong get fired if he can't re-sign Pietrangelo?

• Total voters

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Talk about a bad GM. McPhee pays the price for Petro. Yes, he got his man, but saddled with a NMC at $8.8 for 7 years.
Then he moves Schmitt for nothing to Vancouver just to shed cap to pay for Petro. With Petro and removing Schmitt , that's not a Stanley Cup defense. Guess nobody wanted Fleury or Pacioretty. Add in coach DeBoer ,who can't seem to finish , so what actually has McPhee done?
Kelly McCrimmon is GM

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Talk about a bad GM. McPhee pays the price for Petro. Yes, he got his man, but saddled with a NMC at $8.8 for 7 years.
Then he moves Schmitt for nothing to Vancouver just to shed cap to pay for Petro. With Petro and removing Schmitt , that's not a Stanley Cup defense. Guess nobody wanted Fleury or Pacioretty. Add in coach DeBoer ,who can't seem to finish , so what actually has McPhee done?
I agree with this but McPhee isn't the GM anymore its Kelly McKrimmon

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I hope Vegas and Petro fails hard

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
a family man wouldnt move his kids to Las Vegas (LOL) over petty minor things like how bonuses and how a contract is structured and turn down 8x8 which would enable his family to stay in the only city they have known. its clear he got some awful advice and its also clear that the family guy act is just that, an act

i cannot wait to see if these tampering rumors are true from Vegas because its gonna be amazing if they sign him and then the rumors are proven true.
1. Yeah, he got really awful advice. He only got ... (checks math) $2.4 million less, which he could easily make up in a 1-year deal if he's still playing at a decent level in 7 years. And, depending on how the 1st year works and how much of the season actually gets paid, he could be net break-even vs. what he would have had from us.
2. Keep holding your breath on tampering. We'll let you know when you can breathe again.
3. Seriously. Do it. Commit to the cause, don't half-ass this.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
1. Yeah, he got really awful advice. He only got ... (checks math) $2.4 million less, which he could easily make up in a 1-year deal if he's still playing at a decent level in 7 years. And, depending on how the 1st year works and how much of the season actually gets paid, he could be net break-even vs. what he would have had from us.
2. Keep holding your breath on tampering. We'll let you know when you can breathe again.
3. Seriously. Do it. Commit to the cause, don't half-ass this.
"decent level in 7 years" tell that to seabrook who like petro, had ZERO personal hardware when he signed that dumb contract.

cover4.jpg

petro is a good dman but everyone is tired of the "family guy" act. guy chose the dollars just like most others can do. even the blues paying 8 million for a 35+ yr old was gonna be stupid, glad they dont got to worry bout that now.

toodaloo family boy, dont let door hit you on the way out. looking forward to Krug, Binny and ROR leading us to another cup.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
"decent level in 7 years" tell that to seabrook who like petro, had ZERO personal hardware when he signed that dumb contract.
The fact that you're comparing Seabrook to Pietrangelo shows yet again how little you know about hockey.

Not a surprise to anyone, other than the fact that it's surprising you keep freely offering up evidence of it.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
The fact that you're comparing Seabrook to Pietrangelo shows yet again how little you know about hockey.

Not a surprise to anyone, other than the fact that it's surprising you keep freely offering up evidence of it.
lmao k clarify what "decent" levels in 7 years look like. cause for 8.8 million it better be 50-60pts in that 7th year.

TOKEN CASE OF PAYING FOR THE PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS INSTEAD OF LOOKING TOWARDS THE FUTURE.

face it, just like the angels got out of albert, the knights will get 2-3 good years from 27 then he will fall off a cliff and become a liability on the ice.

I will take Krug at 6.5 over AP at 8.8 any day of the week if it means it allows us to keep other players like Binny who are IMO much more important.

Reactions: Blueston

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
lmao k clarify what "decent" levels in 7 years look like. cause for 8.8 million it better be 50-60pts in that 7th year.

TOKEN CASE OF PAYING FOR THE PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS INSTEAD OF LOOKING TOWARDS THE FUTURE.

face it, just like the angels got out of albert, the knights will get 2-3 good years from 27 then he will fall off a cliff and become a liability on the ice.

I will take Krug at 6.5 over AP at 8.8 any day of the week if it means it allows us to keep other players like Binny who are IMO much more important.
Binny had a great run in january and february of 2019 but i dont see any conclusive egidence of him being humongous difference maker going forward. He was bad after the start of december of last year and is still a question mark. Theres a reason blues havent tried talking extension yet with binny this offseason as they want to evaluate and see how he does.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Binny had a great run in january and february of 2019 but i dont see any conclusive egidence of him being humongous difference maker going forward. He was bad after the start of december of last year and is still a question mark. Theres a reason blues havent tried talking extension yet with binny this offseason as they want to evaluate and see how he does.
He was playing well right before the pause and anything that happened inside the bubble is pretty meaningless imo.

I aint worried about binny, dude is a legit alpha and leader. I think we need to add another top 6 player to the roster for some more scoring depth unless Sanford can provide that.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

I think you forgot Krug + Faulk will most likely age worse than Pietro.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

Long term UFA deals are most likely always going to suck on the back end. You rip on the Petro deal but are completely fine with the Krug deal? How many points is Krug going to have to hit in the last year of his deal to justify his contract? This is a guy that provides little defense, so his offense better not fall off a cliff, because then what are you going to do with him?

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I cannot square the amount of people lauding DA for not signing Petro to a long term deal while acting like he hasn't just spent a year tying up $19.5 million in deals that will take 3 lesser players to ages 35, 36, and 37 respectively.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I cannot square the amount of people lauding DA for not signing Petro to a long term deal while acting like he hasn't just spent a year tying up $19.5 million in deals that will take 3 lesser players to ages 35, 36, and 37 respectively.
3 players > 1

not hard to grasp

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
3 players > 1

not hard to grasp
And what you don't seem to grasp is the point I was making, specifically about paying players past a certain age as a reason to not sign someone. "Do you really want to be paying Pietrangelo $8+ million at 37" seems to be a valid argument for not signing him, while people conveniently neglect to consider paying 34 year old Faulk/Schenn/Krug $6.5 million is unquestionably worse. Either you are ok with paying for players past their prime or you aren't. At least if you're going to do it the player should be a premier player at their position.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
8.8 million with a NMC over 3 others at 6.5 with NO NMC. Plus I think Krugs game will be fine for longer than 27s.

petro was and is no Pronger, he not worthy of that type of luxury. That should be given to HOF type players which this team has none of.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
8.8 million with a NMC over 3 others at 6.5 with NO NMC. Plus I think Krugs game will be fine for longer than 27s.

petro was and is no Pronger, he not worthy of that type of luxury. That should be given to HOF type players which this team has none of.
Exactly 27 would have signed with the Blues if they gave him the NMC.

So people really think Faulk will be here for the full contract??!!

Im almost happy Petro signed elsewhere so people can see how overrated he is and just how much he killed our #1 PP unit!

Reactions: TheDizee

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
3 players > 1

not hard to grasp

Jesus. The ridiculous statements don't stop from you. OK, here's a trade to make the Blues better.

Parayko To Edmonton for Kris Russel, Riley Sheahan and Josh Archibald. 3 players > 1 so we take that deal and run right?

We must have gotten smoked in the Ryan O'Reilly trade. We gave 3 players away AND picks. Wow. Armstrong should have been fired right there. Cause if 3 players >1, than 3 players + picks >>>> 1, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad