OT: Shooting at Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Why not have an armed trained guard in his position?

If were paying a guy to stand there an be useless, we might as well pay a guy to stand there and protect?

The idea of an armed guard to protect a cenotaph seems like the definition of irony to me.

Under almost every circumstance but this one, you just need a presence to make sure people treat it with respect - and really, depending on how known the shooter made himself before firing... having the guard be armed wouldn't have made a lick of difference. Other than potentially providing a second weapon after taking him down.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Switching back and forth between CNN and CBC coverage....interview with an MP (no idea who he is) on CNN is strangely calm. People standing around chatting...so calm.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Sending best wishes to you guys in Ottawa right now, hope yourselves and all relatives and friends are and stay safe.

That video from inside the building was pretty terrifying.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Thoughts/Prayers with everyone.

My sister was right there when it happened. Ran when she heard the shots.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm really hoping they cancel the Leafs/Sens game tonight.

Scary, scary times. I have a pictures of my family when I was just a little kid right at the entrance where the video starts.

Chilling stuff. Prayers to everyone in Ottawa.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That video from inside parliament is just spine tingling

AM980 London News ‏@AM980News 1m1 minute ago
Reports that police are currently tracking 2 suspects, one who took off on foot, the other on a motorbike. Not confirmed at this time.

Josh Wingrove ‏@josh_wingrove 9m9 minutes ago
Police source has told a Globe colleague of mine that a second shooter has been shot

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
That video from inside parliament is just spine tingling

AM980 London News ‏@AM980News 1m1 minute ago
Reports that police are currently tracking 2 suspects, one who took off on foot, the other on a motorbike. Not confirmed at this time.

Josh Wingrove ‏@josh_wingrove 9m9 minutes ago
Police source has told a Globe colleague of mine that a second shooter has been shot

So 4 shooters?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think you will have a very hard time locking down how many shooters there were/are right now.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He is an actual soldier in full gear and all that, but I don't believe his weaponry is loaded. It's like the guards in the US who guard the tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

But why wouldn't their gun be loaded in case something like this happens?

Analyzer*

I thought that was pretty clear from the video.

Yeah, the amount of shots that go off would indicate that. Or at least you'd hope that many bullets would be effective, if not, would make you worry about their aim.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I thought that was pretty clear from the video.

Yeah you can hear the initial shot, louder boom, sounds like a shotgun, ans subsequent multiple return from what sounds like cops hand guns. Would match what eyewitness worker guy said. He said he saw a guy with double-barrel shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad