OT: Shooting at Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Good time to stay at home or in the office till this gets settled.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The way information is being disseminated is so confusing. I don't understand how there aren't guards standing at the front of parliament that one person can run in with weapons and start shooting.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The way information is being disseminated is so confusing. I don't understand how there aren't guards standing at the front of parliament that one person can run in with weapons and start shooting.

Wouldn't be surprised if there will be now.

And people were complaining about Harper wasting tax dollars on armed body guards...

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010

It is common knowledge that since 1985 the RCMP has been completely incompetent.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

There's a desk with 2+ guards inside the entrance, and roaming guards.

At one time, there was hardly any security. It was beefed up considerably in the mid 1980s after a guy hijacked a tour bus and parked it on the hill, and again after 911.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

There are guards. I worked in Parliament five months ago and there were always four armed guards just inside the door, plus a whole security staff manning a metal detector and a decent amount of security on foot patrol. No idea how a shooter gets in there.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
There are guards. I worked in Parliament five months ago and there were always four armed guards just inside the door, plus a whole security staff manning a metal detector and a decent amount of security on foot patrol. No idea how a shooter gets in there.

I was assuming he meant around the eternal flame and the general parliament boundaries

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

What do you think the soldier that got shot was doing?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bruce Cheadle ‏@BCheadle 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Reports now police suspect two or three shooters on Parliament Hill. Sergeant at Arms Kevin Vickers shot one assailant.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There's a desk with 2+ guards inside the entrance, and roaming guards.

At one time, there was hardly any security. It was beefed up considerably in the mid 1980s after a guy hijacked a tour bus and parked it on the hill, and again after 911.

Someone drove a jeep up the stairs which is when they put the concrete barricades in place.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would say, without trying to sound like a fear monger, that prudent advice would be to avoid public places for the next few days (if possible). That single radical acting out yesterday will cause the RCMP/CSIS to clamp down on any suspected radicals, which means that anyone who had been planning to act out in the future will likely move up their plans to avoid getting caught before they can do anything.

Stay safe people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad