OT: Shooting at Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Weird thing is, I didn't even hear about the thing that happened in Quebec 2 days ago down here. Admittedly I don't listen to a lot of news - but would have thought I'd run across it.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
What's the status for anyone at school? Is it still under lockdown? I have an exam at 1 and not sure if I'll even be let on campus

ofc RIP to our brother too, should have been the first thing I said...hope this ****er gets caught asap

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ok the Shooter is getting disturbingly close to my moms work...

I know what you feel. My dad was on the hill and on lockdown when that guy hijacked that bus and parked it on the hill in the 80s, and when that nut with a gun got into the House of Commons. Damned scary.

I wonder if this is related to the hit and run near Montreal involving the military.

Starting to feel like a bit of a 'test run', to see where the weak spots are on the Hill. Seems a lot of radicalized supporters online keep talking about some date in November where some big thing is supposed to happen.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
What's the status for anyone at school? Is it still under lockdown? I have an exam at 1 and not sure if I'll even be let on campus

Classes at uOttawa are cancelled. I haven't heard anything regarding Carleton though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Weird thing is, I didn't even hear about the thing that happened in Quebec 2 days ago down here. Admittedly I don't listen to a lot of news - but would have thought I'd run across it.

It was on the news as a multiple hit and run and subsequent takedown by police resulting in the death of the hit and run driver. Today is the first I've heard of the driver being radicalized.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No, that is a ceremonial soldier that stands guard at the War Memorial. Probably unarmed.

Why not have an armed trained guard in his position?

If were paying a guy to stand there an be useless, we might as well pay a guy to stand there and protect?

Analyzer*

Same here, so adding that in with this makes you wondering even more.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Why not have an armed trained guard in his position?

If were paying a guy to stand there an be useless, we might as well pay a guy to stand there and protect?

He is an actual soldier in full gear and all that, but I don't believe his weaponry is loaded. It's like the guards in the US who guard the tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario

ofc RIP to our brother too, should have been the first thing I said...hope this ****er gets caught asap

I got off campus about 10 minutes before lockdown. Thank goodness. uOttawa tweeted that all classes are cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad