Player Discussion Shea Weber Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He was good. Solid defensively and coulda easily had a multi point game if Deslauriers was a better hockey player.

Biggest thing that looked rusty was his slappers accuracy. He has a much more accurate slapshot than that when hes in shape.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Couldn't even tell that he hasn't played in a year. Great dman that gets hate because of a bad trade.

Does he get hate? I was one of the most upset at the trade but i've never had an issue with Weber per se. And in general, habs fans around here haven't complained too much about him, he's been mostly consistent since joining the team and well-liked.

Subban is better though. And more likeable. And *much* more entertaining.

Doesn't mean Weber isn't great in his own right (certainly without the entertaining part)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Does he get hate? I was one of the most upset at the trade but i've never had an issue with Weber per se. And in general, habs fans around here haven't complained too much about him, he's been mostly consistent since joining the team and well-liked.

Doesn't mean Weber isn't great in his own right (certainly without the entertaining part)

I wouldn't say he gets hate, but some people around here underrate the hell out of him (while some others underrate Subban).

Reactions: dralaf

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We're still gonna be missing elite puck movement to get the puck out quicker.

Agreed. I just like the idea of a entertaining team that plays fast and the D helps limit the goals against. I am a bit concerned about exposing Price too much and he wants a divorce.

Took Bergevin how long to get the center depth we have? Wonder how long it will take to get the LD PMD?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

I wouldn't say he gets hate, but some people around here underrate the hell out of him (while some others underrate Subban).

He’s got cheered on like crazy yesterday on his first shift and when they announced his first assist

Reactions: cphabs and Deebs

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He’s got cheered on like crazy yesterday on his first shift and when they announced his first assist

I didn't watch the game, but I bet. Team has been good this year (im honestly shocked we lost 5 in a row - i couldn't even tell since we've played mostly well), he's captain, people were waiting for his return for a while....glad to see he got a monster ovation but definitely not surprised by it

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
My main gripe is the Media's obsession with creating this mythical aura around him.

You'd think it was the North Korean media writing articles about Kim Jong Un.

Actually most of the hype around Weber comes from the NHL community, look what players and coaches around the league have to say about him. Its not like the media he recieves is outside of what people that coach and play with and against him say. Its not like he plays to the media, he is downright boring. In the case of Weber media is just parroting what the league says about him.

Reactions: cphabs and Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Actually most of the hype around Weber comes from the NHL community, look what players and coaches around the league have to say about him. Its not like the media he recieves is outside of what people that coach and play with and against him say. Its not like he plays to the media, he is downright boring. In the case of Weber media is just parroting what the league says about him.

NHL players and NHL coach don't know anything ! Trust the Subban fans ! They know there hockey more then them

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I can’t wait to tell my kids about a man mountain and how his hits were just louder than everyone else’s and how his shot was so hard it could cut a goalie stick in half!

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I enjoy him punishing guys and getting away with murder out there. The last defenseman that we had with that kind of leeway was Souray, although he was a much better (and more frequent fighter) while being half as good defensively. Wish we had a forward equivalent to what Weber brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad