Player Discussion Shea Weber Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I believe Julien or someone with the team said Petry can't play LD on a regular basis.
If so that's a bummer. Maybe try him with Kulak who seems solid defensively and have Reilly or Mete on the first. Juulsen with Reilly or Mete on the 3rd seems good.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If so that's a bummer. Maybe try him with Kulak who seems solid defensively and have Reilly or Mete on the first. Juulsen with Reilly or Mete on the 3rd seems good.
Wouldn't be a bad option. Mete won't be coming back up for a while imo. Maybe if we can move a vet out

Reilly - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Benn/Schlemko - Juulsen

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
I think he looks much more engaged than he ever has with the Habs. Much more agressive and physical. This is the Weber from the Ryan Suter days we're seeing. I guess missing a whole year means he feels rejuvenated. Now the question becomes if he ever becomes tired and goes back to being more concerned with conserving his evergy, managing the game.

Reactions: Kimota

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Spare some cash so I can buy his house in BC? Need only $5M.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Shea Weber met sa maison en vente... en Colombie-Britannique - Balle Courbe

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I think he looks much more engaged than he ever has with the Habs. Much more agressive and physical. This is the Weber from the Ryan Suter days we're seeing. I guess missing a whole year means he feels rejuvenated. Now the question becomes if he ever becomes tired and goes back to being more concerned with conserving his evergy, managing the game.
Maybe a reset and some time away from the game helped him get a new perspective. If he's as competitive as they say, he must've been fuming watching the rudderless Habs last year.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Maybe a reset and some time away from the game helped him get a new perspective. If he's as competitive as they say, he must've been fuming watching the rudderless Habs last year.

Weber wasn't conserving energy two years ago, and finished sixth in the league in the Norris voting.

Last year, he broke his foot in game one and played two months, 26 games, through steadily worsening pain. Of course he looked.....pained, even while putting up 0.62ppg.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Another very good game for him. Other than that one goal, which was all on schlemko really, he player flawlessly defensively. Good things happen when he shoots obviously but I found he was contributing offensively with some brilliant passes and timely pinches. His breakouts are nothing fancy but the passes have almost all been crisp and right on the tape. Oh and he's crushing everyone. Really nice to have him back.

Reactions: Tuggy

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Another very good game for him. Other than that one goal, which was all on schlemko really, he player flawlessly defensively. Good things happen when he shoots obviously but I found he was contributing offensively with some brilliant passes and timely pinches. His breakouts are nothing fancy but the passes have almost all been crisp and right on the tape. Oh and he's crushing everyone. Really nice to have him back.

That is true. It's an under-rated quality of Shea's.

"Moving the puck" is not always best done by carrying it, like Reilly does for example. Good passing can lead to a faster paced game actually.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Weber wasn't conserving energy two years ago, and finished sixth in the league in the Norris voting.

Last year, he broke his foot in game one and played two months, 26 games, through steadily worsening pain. Of course he looked.....pained, even while putting up 0.62ppg.
Sixth in Norris voting is meaningless. It amounted to 100 points, the winner of the Norris got 1400 points. Second place got ~1250. The glut of Norris points, as voted by shlubby sports writers, goes to the top2. Sixth got less points than the difference between the winner and runner up.

Weber had a fine year with a lot of goals. He was great in the six playoffs game too. You don't have to make it bigger than it is.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's done! :sarcasm:

He's certainly done with the "Decline Propaganda" and is out to prove the doubters wrong. Age 33 and the same age as Burns people. Lets not worry about Weber from age 33-36/37. He's not getting any slower or weaker in that age range and it's not likely he plays past 37 due to those $1M contract years. Maybe he plays one year at 38 if we are contenders by then though :sarcasm:

Reactions: BaseballCoach

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So far so good... looks like he hasn't really missed a step

I never had any doubts. This year off likely prolonged his career a bit IMO. The only concern I had was any set back in recovery and getting back into game shape. Remember those who said it would take him a while to get into game shape?

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I never had any doubts. This year off likely prolonged his career a bit IMO. The only concern I had was any set back in recovery and getting back into game shape. Remember those who said it would take him a while to get into game shape?

you may be correct TLTQ. That was alot of time off and I am sure that during that time alot of the wear and tear that I'm sure he would have played through got a solid chance to heal.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

I will be curious to see how Weber fares against a power house team like jets or the buds.... I assume he will do fine but its the other defense men that are the true issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad