Player Discussion Shea Weber Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I enjoy him punishing guys and getting away with murder out there. The last defenseman that we had with that kind of leeway was Souray, although he was a much better (and more frequent fighter) while being half as good defensively. Wish we had a forward equivalent to what Weber brings.

I miss big Sheldon..those crazy eyes....

Imagine him and Weber together on the point..lol

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Who needs to share moments of victory and triumph with their progeny when they can mythologize about that time Weber's shot might've broken a piece of a goalie's stick in a 3-1 home loss.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Who needs to share moments of victory and triumph with their progeny when they can mythologize about that time Weber's shot might've broken a piece of a goalie's stick in a 3-1 home loss.
lmfao, its sad isnt it. Not picking on anyone in particular but we're starved for something to cheer about. Matthews has 13 goals in 13 games, McDavid is the best player in the world, Rantanen and Mackinnon are pacing for 130 points each, Thomas Chabot is top 15 in scoring as a rookie dman and we're excited about man mountain breaking opponents sticks with a power play that couldn't capitalize.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Weber is looking great out there. He looks better than ever. Now if the team could remember how to score.

Reactions: Tuggy

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
For being out for basically a year... he looks more or less the same.

Thats good. I did not expect that, small sample size thou.:thumbu:

Oh look at me go Mr. Positive here... I finally know what its like to be a real fan :sarcasm:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
lmfao, its sad isnt it. Not picking on anyone in particular but we're starved for something to cheer about. Matthews has 13 goals in 13 games, McDavid is the best player in the world, Rantanen and Mackinnon are pacing for 130 points each, Thomas Chabot is top 15 in scoring as a rookie dman and we're excited about man mountain breaking opponents sticks with a power play that couldn't capitalize.
You know these guys can be great and Weber can be too

Reactions: Vachon23

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
He has been and it's no suprise he's probably the most solid D in the NHL but we need a puck mover back there to help him out.
Yeah I've been plesently surprised with Kulak but he strikes me more as a solid defensive 3rd pairing guy. I'd give Mete or Reilly a look up there despite them not being super sharp lately. Both those guys have issues defensively but their mobility and passing would compliment Weber quite well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not surprised that Weber is back and is the guy he was before. And some posters were worried about Weber declining even more after the surgeries? :sarcasm:

If we can find someone to play with Weber, and move Petry to the left side to play with Juulsen, we will have a top 4D that will be a force to deal with. Do you make this move now or later? I just wonder who would be available? My target would be the Canes and Bean. I know some people are not high on him but I think he's another Juulsen type but on the left side. He plays smart and skates very well. I'd love someone better than Bean but were not getting a elite level type unless we draft one

???? / Weber
Petry / Juulsen
Who cares

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Quite honestly I am not as concerned who plays with Weber, a guy like Kulak or Reilly can look competent with him. My concern is who plays with Petry, Petry is a very good D but makes a lot of mental mistakes.. when he plays with disasters like Schlemko/Benn his mistakes get magnified even more.

Reactions: DangerDave

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Quite honestly I am not as concerned who plays with Weber, a guy like Kulak or Reilly can look competent with him. My concern is who plays with Petry, Petry is a very good D but makes a lot of mental mistakes.. when he plays with disasters like Schlemko/Benn his mistakes get magnified even more.

Move Petry to LD and play him with Juulsen.

As far as who plays with Weber. Let Kulak, Reilly, Mete fight for the job.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I can't believe how well Kulak has fit in on this team with Weber, he's been very solid. Schlemballs should take notes., and Benn is a lost cause.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I can't believe how well Kulak has fit in on this team with Weber, he's been very solid. Schlemballs should take notes., and Benn is a lost cause.
Part of it might be the Weber effect, but who cares. If Weber can make an effective top pairing with Kulak, that's all that really matters. I have liked what I've seen from Kulak though, not only can he skate like the wind, but he's been incredibly reliable defensively, where he's able to use his long stick and great mobility to his advantage defensively. The real concerns with him is that he seems to get crushed when he rushes a bit too often.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Part of it might be the Weber effect, but who cares. If Weber can make an effective top pairing with Kulak, that's all that really matters. I have liked what I've seen from Kulak though, not only can he skate like the wind, but he's been incredibly reliable defensively, where he's able to use his long stick and great mobility to his advantage defensively. The real concerns with him is that he seems to get crushed when he rushes a bit too often.

So far, no harm no foul, as far as Kulak is concerned. His pass out of the defensive zone is top notch, and he moves the puck through the neutral zone very effectively, unlike Schlemballs and Benn.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Weber can play with pretty much anyone and they'll make a solid duo. That being said, he thrives with speedy puck movers. Kulak has been good no doubt but I'd like a guy like Mete or Reilly up there. Having a steady guy like Kulak on the 3rd would be awesome as well.

Juulsen plays an ideal game to pair with Petry but handedness is an issue. Still, I would try them together. I don't quite remember but we're they paired together at some point this season?

Benn and Schlemko are a huge issue that can be easily upgraded for cheap. Personally, I think the Habs already have better Dmen in the organization. Brook probably makes the team sometime next year as well and I think he's as good a prospect as any we've had in a long time.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Weber can play with pretty much anyone and they'll make a solid duo. That being said, he thrives with speedy puck movers. Kulak has been good no doubt but I'd like a guy like Mete or Reilly up there. Having a steady guy like Kulak on the 3rd would be awesome as well.

Juulsen plays an ideal game to pair with Petry but handedness is an issue. Still, I would try them together. I don't quite remember but we're they paired together at some point this season?

Benn and Schlemko are a huge issue that can be easily upgraded for cheap. Personally, I think the Habs already have better Dmen in the organization. Brook probably makes the team sometime next year as well and I think he's as good a prospect as any we've had in a long time.

Kulak, Reilly, or Mete / Weber
Petry / Juulsen

There is plenty left for a bottom pairing. Let them battle for the spot from game to game. But I think our top 4D is solid with both Weber and Juulsen back and moving Petry to the left side. When you got the leftovers playing bottom pairing, it starts to look better cause they are playing where they should be and not in the top 4D.

Reactions: DangerDave

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I believe Julien or someone with the team said Petry can't play LD on a regular basis.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Kulak, Reilly, or Mete / Weber
Petry / Juulsen

There is plenty left for a bottom pairing. Let them battle for the spot from game to game. But I think our top 4D is solid with both Weber and Juulsen back and moving Petry to the left side. When you got the leftovers playing bottom pairing, it starts to look better cause they are playing where they should be and not in the top 4D.
Yeah that's what I would do. Give em each a few games with Weber and see if anyone stands out. I'd much rather have any of those guys on the 3rd pair over Schlemko and Benn

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad