Shea Weber is no longer a top pairing D.

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
wait until you find out who gets dinged with cap recapture :naughty:

I'm already aware.

Which is why the trade is tilted even further in montreals favor because the odds of Weber not retiring early on a contract that heavily front loaded are slim to none. It was however, essentially Nashville's only way to move it while still getting something of value (at the time) in return. Nashville better cross their fingers and hope it doesn't happen though.

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
K. I’d take a Stanley Cup Final appearance with the trade piece being the best D versus getting to R1 in a freak playoffs and a R1 exit. But you do you.

I never questioned the run, only the trade. However that doesn't change the full roster and the backend Nashville still has for the post part.

As it stands right now soup can is purely a dead weight non-contributer.

Weber was the better player and still is.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nashville just wanted to get out of Weber's contract.
Lol, NSH gained nothing by trading Weber cap wise or real money wise...

When they traded Weber he was starting to get cheaper for them. They paid like 66% of the contract in $ for like 40% of the length

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
Lol, NSH gained nothing by trading Weber cap wise or real money wise...

When they traded Weber he was starting to get cheaper for them. They paid like 66% of the contract in $ for like 40% of the length

Learn what term is.

They don't have either player now so unless Weber retires early the contract is off the books.

Not to mention, Weber wasn't dumped for a bag of pucks by the team he was traded to where as soup can was.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It's unfortunate but natural. Weber's skating is just not up to the level at this point where he could dominate his opposition like he used to. He's still physical, is able to make the safe play with the puck and has that cannon of a shot but he plays like a #4D for the most part these days apart from when he gets that shot going. He also needs a better partner than Chiarot on his side to be effective. Luckily Petry has emerged as a real #1D for the time being which helps hiding Weber's slow decline.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
When they were a stacked team...

Ya, Preds were so stacked in 2017 transcendental super star Viktor Arvidsson led the team in RS scoring, and when Johansen got injured in the playoffs they had to rely on Colton Sissons and Freddy Gaudreau as a 1–2 centre forward punch.

That's a whole different level of stacked.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
A 35 year old physical D-man who has always been an average/ passable skater is slowing down at age 35? Color me shocked.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Weber does absolutely **** all at this point. doesn't hit, doesn't skate, doesn't pass, doesn't score, hell he doesn't even hit the net when he shoots.

aah, I see... he's been Phaneuf'd

Jokes aside, Weber will be fine IF the habs make it to the playoffs when play is tighter, and the refs hide their whistles. He's the least of their problems right now.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
aah, I see... he's been Phaneuf'd

Jokes aside, Weber will be fine IF the habs make it to the playoffs when play is tighter, and the refs hide their whistles. He's the least of their problems right now.

I wouldn't say a declining 35 year old defenceman, signed to 8+m/yr until 2026 is the least of their problems right now. I would say you would expect that player to perform better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad