Sharks' season from hell continues: Karlsson out for rest of year

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
dude's gotta make some serious changes in the next year or two or else he's the next LTIRetirement candidate

Reactions: Fixxer

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
oh a thumb? ok that's a fluke injury, i retract my last statement

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Terrible stuff for Karlsson. Seems to be having a lot of bad luck since doing go the Sharks.

That being said, Tony DeAngelo would look good in a Sharks jersey, eh? Ya want DeAngelo?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
oh a thumb? ok that's a fluke injury, i retract my last statement

Yes that's not bad as when I first saw he was placed on IR as another significant LBI would be devastating, but still just another lost year for the guy and a scary trend only one season into the contract and just more worries for the Sharks without their 1st round pick.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Yes that's not bad as when I first saw he was placed on IR, but still just another lost year for the guy and a scary trend only one season into the contract and just more worries for the Sharks without their 1st round pick.
i mean he's definitely missed a lot of games last couple seasons but i can't reasonably say anything now that it's a thumb injury. i mean that kinda stuff happens.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Lafreniere to Ottawa just got a bit more real.

NO.

But seriously... That may be the biggest stroke of luck for a team in some time. The fan base deserves it, but the owner sure as hell doesn't.

Their front office (Minus their amateur scouting, which is good) managed to fail their way into possibly two of Lafreniere/Byfield/Stutzle/Raymond/Drysdale. Two of those on top of Tkachuk and Chabot sets up a pretty nice core for the next 10 years.

Reactions: Dominance

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Man what a season for the Sharks . 3 core players lost for the year now. The season wasn't going well with all of them in the lineup either but man thats just insane.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For the best for everyone. Karlsson has more battles to fight, he doesn’t need to be putting on miles right now.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Just me or there are more long-term injuries to star players than usual this year?

A lot since coming out of the ASG/bye weeks, all the time off and then being expected to ramp it right back up is terrible for their bodies

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That team desperately needs to move on from Thornton and get a fresh start via a few re-tooling trades.

Couture, Hertl, Meier, Labanc is a respectable forward core to build around but they'll need to draft well. That Karlsson trade really backfired and it will set them back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad