Sharks' season from hell continues: Karlsson out for rest of year

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Easier said than done, Vlasic lowkey already one of the worst contracts in the league... 6 years left at $7 million? And he'll be 33 next month.. I don't see many teams lining up there.. and Burns seems to love it in SJ and has a NTC so that could be a problem too
Oh for sure, they are loaded with questionable contracts. It’ll be hard to move on from some of them.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Sharks will come back next year.

Not sure about that.

Karlsson/Burns/Vlasic another year older and worse with untradable large contracts.

Marleau and Thornton likely gone.

Seemingly no cap space for both Meier and Labanc and no cap space to improve their awful goaltending.

Tough times ahead for this team.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
In b4 Melnyk gives the Sharks their pick back so he can unload Boedker, Hainsey , Anderson, Gaborik and Callahan's contracts off his hands and save a few million.
Don't worry. We'll f*** up with a pick that high anyway.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
So here's a thought: the 1st overall going to Ottawa is actually the best possible result for all teams in the league. Can't think of another team it wouldn't threaten to upset the balance of power.

Reactions: Chompchompr

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
After all these injuries, do you think he'll ever be the same offensive force again?

And if he won't: can you see him transition into a two-way/defensive role in his 30s?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
After all these injuries, do you think he'll ever be the same offensive force again?

And if he won't: can you see him transition into a two-way/defensive role in his 30s?
Do thumb injuries typically derail careers?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It’s not crazy to think it could affects passing and shooting for an offensive skill player.
Lol the answer is no. Broken digits are never the cause of declines. Find one decline tied to broken fingers.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Do thumb injuries typically derail careers?
His career is already derailed, this is just a bad bonus.

Also, I once had a dislocated bone in my finger. I couldn't fully bend it for months, and the pain continued even long after that. So what do we know, there could be some complications that affect his hands (of course I hope not)

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Lol the answer is no. Broken digits are never the cause of declines. Find one decline tied to broken fingers.

It is not only about the broken finger, it is just another lost season for him, these things can add up, it is just one thing after another with him.. it is definitely a cause for concern.

I mean even ignoring the injury, his decline in play this early into the contract IS the cause for concern.

Reactions: ultra63

member 300185

In my 56 years, I have never seen a week of injuries like this with many players lost for the season or long term injuries.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Kind of unfortunate that of all teams this could benefit, it's Ottawa. Not saying the fans don't deserve it, but melnyk sure as hell doesn't deserve the power house hes about to inherit with these picks and recent drafts, because you know in a few years he's going to sabotage and dismantle his own team again when big contracts need to go out at the same time

Same way bill wirtz never to deserved to see a successful Chicago team during his lifetime post mid 90s

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I know people, generally, don't wish an injury on anyone but man Ottawa has to be pretty excited about this

Might get an even better pick

Emerica

May 29, 2010
That won't happen because Detroit will surely remain the worst team in the NHL this season. It will therefore draft second, at worst.

Pastrnak broke his last season, didn't he?

I don't think you understand how the new lottery system works. There are 3 balls total that are picked out and these 3 balls determine the top 3 spots. They'd have a 50% chance of picking 4th if they finish last.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I don't think you understand how the new lottery system works. There are 3 balls total that are picked out and these 3 balls determine the top 3 spots. So very likely Detroit picks 4th if they finish last. They'd have a 50% chance of picking 4th.

Oh, my mistake. I thought that the worst team would draft second, at worst.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Bobby Ryan. Dudes broken a hand or fingers 9 times. Can't shoot anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->