Sharks' season from hell continues: Karlsson out for rest of year

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
A lot since coming out of the ASG/bye weeks, all the time off and then being expected to ramp it right back up is terrible for their bodies

I think the bye weeks are doing more harm than good, especially tying the Bye weeks to the All Star Game so you have a week and a half to two weeks off. I would do away with bye weeks let teams have more time off as the season goes, somehow.

Reactions: egelband and Phu

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Idk, they dont have a goalie and with their already limited cap space.. I dont see how they can possibly upgrade on Jones with his contract in the way

Goaltending can turn around in one season. With the three pillars on D and some good up and coming forwards I think the turn around can be quick.

Reactions: egelband

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Season from hell? More like season of LOL. And sure they’ll be better next year for no reason at all other than not having a top draft pick and everyone being a year older. Makes sense.

Reactions: GreeningOil

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Honestly, it’s not the end of the world. Yes, people will rip them for giving up a high pick, but they still benefit in the other rounds by having a lower finish. Just shut down anyone playing through an injury, rent out Thornton/Dillon, write the year off, and come back next year for a fresh start

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think the bye weeks are doing more harm than good, especially tying the Bye weeks to the All Star Game so you have a week and a half to two weeks off. I would do away with bye weeks let teams have more time off as the season goes, somehow.

It's what the players wanted when the current CBA was negotiated.

I also don't remember it ever beeing as bad as this year.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
This is about as good of a season that a lottery team could ever hope for. Ottawa, I mean this is the best news Ottawa could get.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
That team desperately needs to move on from Thornton and get a fresh start via a few re-tooling trades.

Couture, Hertl, Meier, Labanc is a respectable forward core to build around but they'll need to draft well. That Karlsson trade really backfired and it will set them back.
Old guard needs to be on the way out.

Move on from Jumbo, Marleau, Pickles and Burns.

Build with the forwards you mentioned and Karlsson on D, who by all accounts is a great lockeroom presence and would provide better mentor ship than BB imo.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Would be bat**** crazy if Ottawa ends up with the #1 and #2 picks.

Except the clock will immediately start ticking on those ELC's and Melnyk could be looking at having to dish out two $10 million contracts within 3 years... can he afford that????????

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The worst NHL season of his career. SJ better pray it's a one off because this could be shaping up to be one of the worst contracts in the league.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The worst NHL season of his career. SJ better pray it's a one off because this could be shaping up to be one of the worst contracts in the league.

I wonder if we are already beyond the "shaping up" phase. Karlsson has been really really inconsistent to bad this year.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Old guard needs to be on the way out.

Move on from Jumbo, Marleau, Pickles and Burns.

Build with the forwards you mentioned and Karlsson on D, who by all accounts is a great lockeroom presence and would provide better mentor ship than BB imo.

Easier said than done, Vlasic lowkey already one of the worst contracts in the league... 6 years left at $7 million? And he'll be 33 next month.. I don't see many teams lining up there.. and Burns seems to love it in SJ and has a NTC so that could be a problem too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad