GDT: Sharks @ Red Wings - "Street Fighter 2 Edition" -10/21 - 4:30 PM - CSN-CA, FS-D, KFOX

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Can hamilton fill in for burns or is the plan to rely on pure thorntonian awesomeness to keep that line afloat and let the other lines do the damage?

i think that line can look good for a game or 2, but once they stay together for longer then that they will start to struggle. young players usually come up and do relatively good on thornton's line. most likely because the coach just tells the youngsters to get thornton the puck and just find a way to get open and he will find you.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
wings with some lineup changes. ericsson's wife is in labour so he's not playing today.

zett-dats-abdelidiot
bertuzzi-franzen-alfie
cleary-weiss-tatar
miller-andersson-tootoo

quincey-dekeyser
lashoff-kindl
smith-ouellet

howard is the starter.

to be honest.. i'd prefer to have none of those dman in my top 4 d.. maybe one. basically 3 rookies, 1 sophomore, quincey/pylon and kindl.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
5-3 SJ

Couture, Pavs, Hertl, Irwin, Marleau
Dats, Abdelkater, Bertuzzi

Tootoo rag-dolled by Pelech :)

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Can hamilton fill in for burns or is the plan to rely on pure thorntonian awesomeness to keep that line afloat and let the other lines do the damage?

Not really. They are complete opposites when it comes to play style. I think he'll do OK on Thornton's wing in the short term but I have a feeling the line blender (minus Couture's line) may come out early tonight.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
i think that line can look good for a game or 2, but once they stay together for longer then that they will start to struggle. young players usually come up and do relatively good on thornton's line. most likely because the coach just tells the youngsters to get thornton the puck and just find a way to get open and he will find you.

Pretty much :laugh:

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

I'm just hoping Freddie does well enough such that when Burns is back, Freddie will stay up and take that 4th line RW spot usu. occupied by Pelech/McCarthy/Kearns.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Highly unlikely.

rain-on-my-parade.jpg

domon

Apr 14, 2012
Couture makes a great Sakura. I really need to learn how to use photoshop. Or gimp or whatever.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'd love to see Hamilton on Couture and Marleau's RW, then put TK with Hertl and Jumbo.

you don't think that is asking a little much of a rookie forward to be a part of the sharks shut down line?

atleast on thorntons wing, he won't have to worry all to much about the defensive side of the game.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Weren't those lines used in the preseason?

I doubt Burns was ever separated from Thornton to be honest.

Man, if this team keeps winning with Burns, Boyle, Havlat, and Torres out... Yikes. That said, I don't expect it.

you don't think that is asking a little much of a rookie forward to be a part of the sharks shut down line?

atleast on thorntons wing, he won't have to worry all to much about the defensive side of the game.

Nope, I think very highly of Hamilton's defensive game. Plus, I don't think he'd mesh all that well with JT and Hertl. If anything I'd rather move Wingels up there, as he's earned it with his play. Either of Wingels or TK would be a decent temporary fill-in for Burns. Hamilton's offense is his playmaking and his bread and butter is his defensive game. It makes him a natural fit on Couture's line, IMHO.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Amazing GDT

Always fun playing the Wings. Should be a great game, and I'm looking forward to seeing Hamilton play.

Sharks win 4-2

Couture, Hertl, Nieto, Pavelski

Zetterberg, Alfredsson

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I doubt Burns was ever separated from Thornton to be honest.

Man, if this team keeps winning with Burns, Boyle, Havlat, and Torres out... Yikes. That said, I don't expect it.

I think i misremembered Kennedy with Burns and Thornton. Irregardless, Hamilton played with Marleau and Couture, so there would be some familiarity there.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
you also do not want to screw around with the line up to much just because burns is missing this game.

the 1st line is doing good, keep it together.
the 3rd line is doing good, keep it together.
the 4th line is well the 4th line, and doesn't really matter to much.

the 2nd line is missing a player just throw in the rookie and hope they don't mess up to much in the game they are getting together till burns comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad