GDT: Sharks @ Red Wings - "Street Fighter 2 Edition" -10/21 - 4:30 PM - CSN-CA, FS-D, KFOX

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Snog alert-

Sharks missing a slew of players.
Going with a 4-2 Sharks win.

Hannan, Sheppard, Hertl, TK
Datz X2

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
:

My response:

huh??? If we are playing Boston in a series then we made the Cup Finals.. No need to tinker.
You complain when TMac does his shuffle-rama but now its a good idea?? These guys are professionals. I am sure they practice with different combos for situations that arise. Look at the crap TMac took for putting Nieto on the first line for a period in Dallas.:shakehead

The OP was talking about an SCF and what happens if the top line got shut down. I don't like shuffle-rama, but if we are in a SCF(!) and say, through the first two games, the Hertl-Thornton-Burns isn't working at all, I'd be fine with changing it.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm not suggesting we constantly change the lines, but I'd like to see different lines for extended stretches. I liked seeing Nieto up on the top line. I liked seeing Hertl play with Pavelski, I'd like to see one of those two tried with Couture.

Calm down.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
:laugh:I'm not suggesting we constantly change the lines, but I'd like to see different lines for extended stretches. I liked seeing Nieto up on the top line. I liked seeing Hertl play with Pavelski, I'd like to see one of those two tried with Couture.

Calm down.

Quoted from Jux-

My response:
so all 3 lines are currently playing well and the 4th is ok.. this team is averaging 4 goals a game. You want to start changing up the lines for extended stretches??? Mix and match? I recall you being unhappy when TMac would juggle lines and then say there is no continuity...
Funny when some posters suggesting things like this over the summer you were one of the naysayers to such ideas.. Nieto on the first line. I was laughed at for even suggesting Nieto playing top 9.. My how times have changed..Time to go pull up some "old posts". Nice to see the waffling hasn't changed.

edit- it is one thing to line shuffle due to injuries, imo its insane to shuffle just to shuffle. If it is not broken...........

Last edited:

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
The OP was talking about an SCF and what happens if the top line got shut down. I don't like shuffle-rama, but if we are in a SCF(!) and say, through the first two games, the Hertl-Thornton-Burns isn't working at all, I'd be fine with changing it.

So you roll with that line all year, then for 2 games they get "shut-down". Oh no, how can that be??? How do we know the other 3 lines didn't pick up the scoring? Did we win those 2 games? Were we blown out?? The "theory" by the OP is terribly flawed...:help:

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Snog, Sharks win! 7-3
Nieto, Hertl, Pavs, Patty, Vlasic, Demers, Hamilton
Alfie, Datsyuk, Quincey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->