GDT: Sharks @ Red Wings - "Street Fighter 2 Edition" -10/21 - 4:30 PM - CSN-CA, FS-D, KFOX

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think i misremembered Kennedy with Burns and Thornton. Irregardless, Hamilton played with Marleau and Couture, so there would be some familiarity there.

:laugh:

Anyway, I'd personally like to see some jumbling of the lines. If the team gets so set in one combination of lines, they won't be prepared to change when someone really does their homework. Every player being comfortable will other linemates than their usual ones would be very important if, say, we were playing Boston in a series and Chara could shut down Thornton, Hertl, and Burns' size. It might be beneficial to split them up so Chara could only cover one. But if Burns and Hertl havn't played with anyone but Thornton, that wouldn't be the best time for them to learn, right? I'm talking more about the newer guys. Obviously Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture (and Havlat) can all play with each other in different permutations, but I want the guys like Burns, Hertl, Wingels,TK, Torres, Nieto, etc. to have the chance to experiment playing on different lines.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
wings with some lineup changes. ericsson's wife is in labour so he's not playing today.

zett-dats-abdelidiot
bertuzzi-franzen-alfie
cleary-weiss-tatar
miller-andersson-tootoo

quincey-dekeyser
lashoff-kindl
smith-ouellet

howard is the starter.

to be honest.. i'd prefer to have none of those dman in my top 4 d.. maybe one. basically 3 rookies, 1 sophomore, quincey/pylon and kindl.

Red Wing fan, visiting in peace.

Ya we are missing our #1 and #2 D-men tonight. Ouellet is a call up, first game. Lashoff is an AHL d-fensive Dman. Smith/Quincey are big minuses for us. Kindl and Dekeyser look good, but Dekeyser is basically a rookie. ... Its a train wreck down there, but hey its improving.

We are also excited to see Tatar in his 2nd game. He is basically like Hertl, young (for us) and looking to break into the team. But we have too many veterans to chop out first. Great to see Hertl playing well for you guys. We are really hoping Tatar can keep his spot in the lineup tonight... so if its a blowout, let him score once ;P ahahah.

Always a good game between us. Most of us are predicting a loss tonight, so consensus is you guys win. Hopefully Dats + Zett can put us on their backs and pull out a win. We are also completely rebuilding our lines every game. We are 6-3, but things have not gelled at all yet. Hope our team can compete and make it a game, should be a tough one, GL.

Lezgosharkz13

Jul 21, 2011
you know what gets old? people saying commander sheppard never gets old... great GDT though
SNOG 3-2 sharks
couture vlassic demers
datsyuk, weiss

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
I think i misremembered Kennedy with Burns and Thornton. Irregardless, Hamilton played with Marleau and Couture, so there would be some familiarity there.

That is one guy I really wish would get a shot in a few games. Probably would bring so much more than Pelech or McCarthy (or Burish for that matter as well). Also, Just wishing we would see Tennyson or Abeltshauser get some play time. Hannan has been steady but, really wanting to see them get some time now that Boyle is out.

SpaceCoastShark

Look what the cat dragged in
Apr 8, 2009
Space Coast, FL
I doubt Burns was ever separated from Thornton to be honest.

Man, if this team keeps winning with Burns, Boyle, Havlat, and Torres out... Yikes. That said, I don't expect it.

Nope, I think very highly of Hamilton's defensive game. Plus, I don't think he'd mesh all that well with JT and Hertl. If anything I'd rather move Wingels up there, as he's earned it with his play. Either of Wingels or TK would be a decent temporary fill-in for Burns. Hamilton's offense is his playmaking and his bread and butter is his defensive game. It makes him a natural fit on Couture's line, IMHO.

Yeah, I'd like to see Wingels get a hot with the Thornton line tonight. The kid has had a great year, so far.

SpaceCoastShark

Look what the cat dragged in
Apr 8, 2009
Space Coast, FL
Red Wing fan, visiting in peace.

Ya we are missing our #1 and #2 D-men tonight. Ouellet is a call up, first game. Lashoff is an AHL d-fensive Dman. Smith/Quincey are big minuses for us. Kindl and Dekeyser look good, but Dekeyser is basically a rookie. ... Its a train wreck down there, but hey its improving.

We are also excited to see Tatar in his 2nd game. He is basically like Hertl, young (for us) and looking to break into the team. But we have too many veterans to chop out first. Great to see Hertl playing well for you guys. We are really hoping Tatar can keep his spot in the lineup tonight... so if its a blowout, let him score once ;P ahahah.

Always a good game between us. Most of us are predicting a loss tonight, so consensus is you guys win. Hopefully Dats + Zett can put us on their backs and pull out a win. We are also completely rebuilding our lines every game. We are 6-3, but things have not gelled at all yet. Hope our team can compete and make it a game, should be a tough one, GL.

Defensive issues? Just play your backup goalie. Backup Goalie = Sharks Kryptonite :laugh:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Murder? Doubt it. We are without #1 dman Boyle. And a 1st 2nd and third line wingers in burns havlat Torres. I will be happy if we can pull out a w.

Yeah but the Sharks still have their 5 best players (Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski and Niemi). Burns will miss a game which sucks. Just shows how deep this team is compared to the last few years.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Yeah but the Sharks still have their 5 best players (Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski and Niemi). Burns will miss a game which sucks. Just shows how deep this team is compared to the last few years.

I agree but this willbe a battle as long as we get a w I don't care. Burns should be back next game this should be a close one

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Anyway, I'd personally like to see some jumbling of the lines. If the team gets so set in one combination of lines, they won't be prepared to change when someone really does their homework. Every player being comfortable will other linemates than their usual ones would be very important if, say, we were playing Boston in a series and Chara could shut down Thornton, Hertl, and Burns' size. It might be beneficial to split them up so Chara could only cover one. But if Burns and Hertl havn't played with anyone but Thornton, that wouldn't be the best time for them to learn, right? I'm talking more about the newer guys. Obviously Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture (and Havlat) can all play with each other in different permutations, but I want the guys like Burns, Hertl, Wingels,TK, Torres, Nieto, etc. to have the chance to experiment playing on different lines.

copied and pasted- This is Jux's post........Cant quote when on ignore :laugh:

My response:

huh??? If we are playing Boston in a series then we made the Cup Finals.. No need to tinker.
You complain when TMac does his shuffle-rama but now its a good idea?? These guys are professionals. I am sure they practice with different combos for situations that arise. Look at the crap TMac took for putting Nieto on the first line for a period in Dallas.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad