Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegalodonOnIce

Dec 23, 2015
Great White North
As mentioned in the Barracuda thread, Barracuda sign Artem Ivanyuzhenkov (1 year) and Krystof Hrabik (2 years), Hrabik reassigned to Tri-Cities of the WHL. Guess Nem has someone else to scout on for us.
In the world of former prospects, Jake Kupsky and Alex Schoenborn both cut from their ECHL teams today.

MegalodonOnIce

Dec 23, 2015
Great White North
I can't believe Schoenborn was a 3rd round pick. I also can't believe that I thought 2014 would be a good draft for us.
I'm with you there, I remember having high hopes for that draft class. But I literally just checked, and of the class of Goldobin, Bergman, Rod, Schoenborn, Sadowy, Vanier, Chartier, and Labanc, only our very last pick has borne fruit. He's also the only one still in the NHL

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I'm with you there, I remember having high hopes for that draft class. But I literally just checked, and of the class of Goldobin, Bergman, Rod, Schoenborn, Sadowy, Vanier, Chartier, and Labanc, only our very last pick has borne fruit. He's also the only one still in the NHL
Wtf happened to Sadowy, I remember him being a really solid pick

MegalodonOnIce

Dec 23, 2015
Great White North
Wtf happened to Sadowy, I remember him being a really solid pick
I went down the rabbit hole for clarity, so here is everything I found:
-Sadowy is drafted by SJ in 2014, plays in OHL.
-Days before the 2016 draft, refusing to sign with the Sharks, SJ trades him to Detroit for a 3rd in 2017, and he signs, avoiding re-entering the draft. Side note, the third was later traded to Arizona in 2016 as part of the Maxim Letunov deal. Arizona would pick Mackenzie Entwistle with this pick and the 2017 6th round that SJ got back was used to draft Jake McGrew.
-Unable to secure a place on the Red Wings, Sadowy plays with the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins and the ECHL's Toledo Walleye for the remainder of his entry-level, playing in 65 AHL games, scoring 7 points and in 88 ECHL games scoring 79 points.
-Now a free agent in 2019, Sadowy signs with the AHL's Utica Comets and attends training camp with them, even attending Vancouver's NHL training camp, but is reassigned to the AHL.
-Sadowy is subsequently cut from Utica's roster and reassigned to Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL where he remains on their preseason roster, with their regular season starting October 12.

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I wonder if Emond is legit. His team has been letting up like ~40 shots a game and apparently he's keeping them in it.

MegalodonOnIce

Dec 23, 2015
Great White North
He got lit up yesterday for 6 goals, and then played today. And he's still keeping pretty good numbers. He's probably still adjusting to being the starter, but I gotta think he certainly has the potential. I certainly hope so at least.
I think he should at least have a little consideration for the Canadian WJC squad, but I don't think he will.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Santeri Hatakka played two games in the Finnish league with no points. Since has been demoted to the Finnish second league with one assist in 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad