Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So, what's the deal with Cukste, is he a lost cause? I remember there was some hype with how he did in the U20's, but nothing since.

Probably. He's one of the last of the old wave of gritty, stay-at-home, low-skill boring low-round-pick d prospects like Gage Ausmus or Cliff Watson.

I don't expect he's getting a contract when his class graduates and his rights are up.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Tony Sund with 0 points and -2 in 6 games in the Finnish league
Spiridonov with 10 points(4g,6a) in 10 games in Russian Juniors
Ibragimov with 5 points in 10 games in the Russian Second League and 4 points in 4 games in the Russian Juniors
NCAA season is yet to start

Reactions: MegalodonOnIce

MegalodonOnIce

Dec 23, 2015
Great White North
We have 4 Russians eligible for this year's eligible for this year's WJC, of them, I'd reckon Kniazev has the best chance to make a dent, but the fact that he's in the Q instead of in Russia hurts his chances, I'd think.
Hatakka is eligible for Finland, but I have no idea if he's even on the radar.
For Canada, Hamaliuk, Merkley, and Emond all eligible, but with a stacked roster and Merkley's reputation, I don't see any of them making it.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
We have 4 Russians eligible for this year's eligible for this year's WJC, of them, I'd reckon Kniazev has the best chance to make a dent, but the fact that he's in the Q instead of in Russia hurts his chances, I'd think.
For Canada, Hamaliuk, Merkley, and Emond all eligible, but with a stacked roster and Merkley's reputation, I don't see any of them making it.
The one thing that really reignited Merkley's chance is the move to London. Playing directly under the Hunters gives him a good chance to prove the rep wrong directly to guys in charge of the national team.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Ive been stalking some of the Finnish areas of the boards and it seems like Hatakka could have a solid chance of making it. They have lots of D but his standout at the summer showcase gives him an edge up probably

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
October 11th

Émond with 45/50 saves
Kotkov with a goal and an assist
Gallant with an assist
Hrabik with 2 assists
Hamaliuk with a goal and 2 assists
Cukste with an assist
Weatherby with 2 assists
Reedy with a goal

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For what it's worth Hrabik was a Barracuda signing. His contract has nothing to do with the Sharks. It's possible he does well and earns a Sharks deal like Alex True did, but it's equally possible he's never relevant at all like Matt Fonteyne or other names I'm forgetting for precisely that reason.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
For what it's worth Hrabik was a Barracuda signing. His contract has nothing to do with the Sharks. It's possible he does well and earns a Sharks deal like Alex True did, but it's equally possible he's never relevant at all like Matt Fonteyne or other names I'm forgetting for precisely that reason.
It doesn’t hurt to keep a track on em, especially at the CHL stage

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad