GDT: Sharks @ Minnesota 5pm PST

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I disagree, EK65 looks a lot better with Dillon and if he’s only getting a couple of games in before the playoffs then I’m putting those two back together. I’d leave Heed in with Vlasic and on the flip side of special teams, Heed affords you the luxury to use EK65 and Burns together on the first unit while giving Deboer a solid PP2 option at the point. I think our PK would be fine without Braun

Heed only affords them that if they ever showed a willingness to use it but they don't. I don't suspect that to change. I think putting Heed in there for the playoffs is an unnecessary risk that you're taking because they will overextend Burns and Karlsson in the playoffs and doing so on the PK will hinder their effectiveness at even strength. Braun being in there is so that they don't have to use Karlsson and Burns as much in the harder minutes.

Reactions: Sandisfan

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
jonesie2_zpspe0isdtj.jpg

First Joner in a long while. Feel like Wilford Brimley in Cocoon. "Blue steel. Cat couldn't scratch it."

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I do like Fiala, actually. Clutterbuck for Niederreiter was a great trade. Niederreiter for Rask was, well, horrible.

Oh yeah fore sure, but I don't understand if you're trying to contend and not selling why Granlund for Fiala is your move. It's lateral at this point. Whatever. Not my problem.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Because he plays against other teams bottom 6 forwards. If he drew top competition, he wouldn't look nearly as good. Not to take anything away from this rejuvenation.
For sure, he's not playing against the best players in the league anymore, but it still blows my mind that a guy with that many miles on the odometer and the kind of injuries he's had is still blowing the doors off NHL-caliber forwards. Even in the twilight of his career, he looks like a Hall of Famer on the ice, and it's a real treat to watch

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Jones still didn't have the greatest game out there.

JK he was solid. Playoff Joner rising?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Heed only affords them that if they ever showed a willingness to use it but they don't. I don't suspect that to change. I think putting Heed in there for the playoffs is an unnecessary risk that you're taking because they will overextend Burns and Karlsson in the playoffs and doing so on the PK will hinder their effectiveness at even strength. Braun being in there is so that they don't have to use Karlsson and Burns as much in the harder minutes.

Karlsson and Burns are already on the PK. Also, Heed is already QBing the second PP unit. I’m not sure what Heed has done to make you think he’d be a risk. Imo, he has looked better all around than Braun. He truly hasn’t made many mistakes and it shows as Pete hasn’t benched him with the lead like he did with Ryan.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For sure, he's not playing against the best players in the league anymore, but it still blows my mind that a guy with that many miles on the odometer and the kind of injuries he's had is still blowing the doors off NHL-caliber forwards. Even in the twilight of his career, he looks like a Hall of Famer on the ice, and it's a real treat to watch

It's in part because injuries and age can't dull what his advantages are. He still thinks the game far better than most other players and he's still a gigantic dude who can't be pushed around. She he can just keep chugging along better than most.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It's in part because injuries and age can't dull what his advantages are. He still thinks the game far better than most other players and he's still a gigantic dude who can't be pushed around. She he can just keep chugging along better than most.
We will face Boston in the final and he will shoryuken Chara out of the series. Senior on senior violence.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Karlsson and Burns are already on the PK. Also, Heed is already QBing the second PP unit. I’m not sure what Heed has done to make you think he’d be a risk. Imo, he has looked better all around than Braun. He truly hasn’t made many mistakes and it shows as Pete hasn’t benched him with the lead like he did with Ryan.

Yeah they are but they don't play as much with Braun in the lineup as opposed to what they would play without him there. It's not a matter of Heed being a risk. He's not as effective defensively as Braun and they need extra bodies for that PK so as to not over-rely on Burns and Karlsson in that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad