GDT: Sharks @ Golden Knights 7pm no Vlasic or Braun

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Donkey thinks Jones was good “all year long”. Why oh why would he say that? Even if you take it literally, it’s just not true...
Give your goalie some confidence and don't throw your teammate under the buss. Donskoi saying ya, its about time Jones started playing better would do nothing good for Jones or the Sharks.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
It's pretty impressive the Sharks are the 3rd fastest to 1000 wins considering they won like 20 games the first couple seasons. Huge kudos to DW for keeping the team competitive for nearly 2 decades.

Huge win. Got the monkey off the back. Jones outplaying Fleury. I don't feel comfortable with Ryan and Heed as the 3rd pairing. They're kinda shaky. If Vlasic and Braun can be sheltered like Ryan and Heed and get their heads out of their asses I'd take Vlasic and Braun.

P.S f*** Vegas and the refs. I can see why they're so dominant at home.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
lol jonesy getting the birthday song ribbing
Sounds like a bunch of co-workers in there. :sarcasm: It's weird as hell to hear them sing "Martin" lol, although I heard a "Jonesy"/"Joner" in there.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Hertl on radio postgame interview, very heavily paraphrased:

- huge win for us, we finally get a win here, we're on a 6 game winning streak, we started slow again, Jonesy made a couple huge saves for us, then we played our game, heavier, down in their end more; it's a huge win because Vegas was rolling and if we want to go far in the playoffs, we have to beat this team
- [was the team tired?] yes, it was a tough game, you want to play hard and give everything, games like these are important

Donskoi on TV postgame interview:

- [playoff/special feel to the game?] yeah it did, it's always very loud here in Vegas and it's always fun to play; it was just a huge win for us; this has been a tough building for us
- [on his confidence / line] there's no magic really, we just try to work hard and skate all over the ice, we are not thinking about anything too much, good support all over the ice, D-zone, offensive zone, just try to be close to each other an help each other out
- [on Jones] I think he's been really good all year long and he made some huge saves tonight; sometimes we really need that; I really like our two goalies, they can both help us win

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Give your goalie some confidence and don't throw your teammate under the buss. Donskoi saying ya, its about time Jones started playing better would do nothing good for Jones or the Sharks.

Lol, that’s not where is was going. But how about “Yeah he was fantastic tonight / stole the game / whatever” without commenting on the rest of the season. I mean, you, me, Mr.Magoo and Mr. Jones know it’s a friggin lie...

Reactions: Fraser28

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Gutsy win, good work, Vlasic and Braun need to come back though can't have Burns and EK playing 30 mins+ every game, its clear PDB doesn't have much faith in the bottom pairing as it is.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think this is officially a statement against vlasic and Braun at this point. One game is a fluke. This is not

If nothing else, it’s certainly a statement against their deployment.

Burns and Karlsson are the two best defensive players on this team and need to be deployed as such.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
In every game he's played, Heed has made a mistake (large or small) that led to a goal. His coverage can be quite poor at times.

Not a strong game for Simek, either.

There is this minor trend of young Sharks's d-men severely regressing in their second year. DeMelo, Heed, Ryan...even Demers if you go back a little further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad