Confirmed with Link: Sharks claim Rudolf Balcers

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I figured you'd have already made yourself one of Balcers when he went on waivers, just in case.

Also, no more Kane avatar for you? Lemme guess, he didn't pay his rent on your avatar space? :sarcasm:

I haven't made any avatars for over a month now. I needed a break after working on this project for like 6 months.

and the Kane thing was just bad timing. The other day I thought that I should switch over to Gregor given his success in camp and it just happened that I didn't get around to it last night until the news broke.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I haven't made any avatars for over a month now. I needed a break after working on this project for like 6 months.

and the Kane thing was just bad timing. The other day I thought that I should switch over to Gregor given his success in camp and it just happened that I didn't get around to it last night until the news broke.

Six months of tiny pictures... Totally get the break, but Rudy is back...

Thanks again for the bomb avatars and the nifty way you put them together like trading cards and packs, very imaginative and well executed.

I have so many I've decided Murray is my offseason, and I'll go to something else Thursday before the first Sharks game.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
So glad we got Balcers back. At the time of the trade I was much more disappointed losing Balcers than I was Norris. With our lack of upcoming forward prospects, he should get decent time in the top 9. He was over a PPG on the strongest team in the AHL but was always described as a play driver for them. I’m optimistically excited for his return to SJ

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

I get a Pavs vibe from his work close to the net. Not sure what he weighs now but he seems to have grown a little from what I remember when he in the Sharks org. He could help himself a lot by putting on another 5-10lbs of muscle. Great hands. If he was thicker he could have a real Fluery or st Louis vibe going on. That one timer is better than most of the current Sharks.

Reactions: ErikKarlson

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What are they saying...

Need to subscribe...

**To save anyone from clicking on this - you need to have a paid subscribtion to see the actual article.**
Might not be top 9 player yet but has solid top 9 potential. Doesn't really have a bottom 6 game. So offensively skilled but has work to do.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Boud

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
**To save anyone from clicking on this - you need to have a paid subscribtion to see the actual article.**

I think most on this board are aware and have a subscription, the thought is appreciated though. I would suggest you look into subscribing, they are having a sale right now (at least I think they still are) and it is THE best Sharks content you can find on the internet if that is your bag.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Mr Peng and SJHN are 100% worth the price. Can not recommend them enough. Honestly the best Sharks content you will find. If you haven’t subbed, you are missing out.

I think Balcers fits for now and the future, as GMDW loves to say. He plays the way we are looking to play and has room to grow. His first season with Ottawa wasn’t bad. Wouldn’t be surprised if all he needs is a change of scenery and a chance to play.

Reactions: ThorNton Apologist

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

I get a Pavs vibe from his work close to the net. Not sure what he weighs now but he seems to have grown a little from what I remember when he in the Sharks org. He could help himself a lot by putting on another 5-10lbs of muscle. Great hands. If he was thicker he could have a real Fluery or st Louis vibe going on. That one timer is better than most of the current Sharks.

Nice job getting into open areas for one-timers. Put him on Jumbo's wing and he'll score 50.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Been calling for this on the boards for a while in the roster thread. Ottawa became a victim of timing - lots of young players coming through at the same time.

Rudy still hasn't had a chance up there. If the Leonard experiment doesn't work, nor does Donato, we could do worse than give this kid a shot in the top 6. I still think his potential is better than he's given credit for.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Been calling for this on the boards for a while in the roster thread. Ottawa became a victim of timing - lots of young players coming through at the same time.

Rudy still hasn't had a chance up there. If the Leonard experiment doesn't work, nor does Donato, we could do worse than give this kid a shot in the top 6. I still think his potential is better than he's given credit for.

It seems like many first year pros coming out of college wear down through the season, so I could see him getting his chance.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

In his NHL clips the goals are mostly net front. That would be a good skill if he can keep that up as we have been lacking in that since Pavs left.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad