Confirmed with Link: Sharks claim Rudolf Balcers

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
In his NHL clips the goals are mostly net front. That would be a good skill if he can keep that up as we have been lacking in that since Pavs left.
He's going to need to thicken up sooner than later to play where Pavs did. If you look back there was an offseason where suddenly Pavs had a much thicker neck. Not sure how much he added that offseason but it became the difference in his effectiveness (IMO). That the key to playing in the NHL. Either gotta be strong as hell or faster than most guys.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He's going to need to thicken up sooner than later to play where Pavs did. If you look back there was an offseason where suddenly Pavs had a much thicker neck. Not sure how much he added that offseason but it became the difference in his effectiveness (IMO). That the key to playing in the NHL. Either gotta be strong as hell or faster than most guys.

I would not even say pavs was strong, he got pushed around really easy. Just he was tough as nails, knock him down and right back to that spot he goes, rinse and repeat until he does the most unthinkable tip.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I would not even say pavs was strong, he got pushed around really easy. Just he was tough as nails, knock him down and right back to that spot he goes, rinse and repeat until he does the most unthinkable tip.
Go look at photos or even game footage of Pavs for the first season or 2 he played in the NHL. Noticeable difference in his physical makeup. If he didn't get stronger he wouldn't have lasted as long as he has. He around the same height as Merkley yet about 13 lbs heavier. That ain't fat. That's a big difference in musclature. He's strong.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I didn’t see anyone respond to this, but NHL.com and photos from the Sens last scrimmage had him wearing #92. Same number he played in The Champions League in Europe.
One can hope he gets a cool number. I hate how this org just assigns horrific numbers to young players and they wind up wearing it forever.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
One can hope he gets a cool number. I hate how this org just assigns horrific numbers to young players and they wind up wearing it forever.

From what I understand, once cuda moved in house to SJ the numbers were org-wide. Meaning someone already wearing 44 for sharks means no one gets 44 for the cuda. Someone wearing 7 for the cuda means no one on the sharks can use 7. So the usual "cool numbers" might already be taken by sharks players leaving the cuda with the "uncool numbers" to choose from.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
"We felt we had better players who could play for the Ottawa Senators" says the man whose winning percentage is below 40%.

Reactions: Pavelski2112

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad