Confirmed with Link: Sharks claim Rudolf Balcers

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I would not even say pavs was strong, he got pushed around really easy. Just he was tough as nails, knock him down and right back to that spot he goes, rinse and repeat until he does the most unthinkable tip.
I'm not sure what they're called, but Pavs was like those "floppy" traffic markers that you push over, but snap back into place.

EDIT: They're called delineators.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Its amazing what happens when you are no longer a Sharks prospect

Honestly I think it has more to do with him being the AHL rookie of the year, finishing 4th in AHL scoring and 3rd in goals.

Interesting fact is also Sens chief amateur scout Trent Mann saying in an interview this week that he had projected Norris as a potential 3rd line center in the NHL at the time of the trade. Says he has developped his offensive instincts significantly in the last year and now sees him as a top 6 C.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Y'all need cool numbers? 69 comes in mind but I have a better idea 6 where including sleeve numbers would be 6-6-6 which would be full satanic. Everything would just melt around Dolph and instant points and victories would be guaranteed. That's just insane maaan..

Reactions: Krispy

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Y'all need cool numbers? 69 comes in mind but I have a better idea 6 where including sleeve numbers would be 6-6-6 which would be full satanic. Everything would just melt around Dolph and instant points and victories would be guaranteed. That's just insane maaan..
You think that’s why they gave Merkley #6?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yeah, and I clearly disagree on Dorion about ''we've given Balcers plenty of chances to prove himself''.

Balcers is fine "ya he might be good enough for the NHl" he is on that bubble. I think the Sens used him to try to get guys like Brown and Branstrom motivated. There seems to be some young guys that feel entitled and have decided they get a free NHL spot. DJ made a comment about guys playing their way off the squad right before they did it.
Sounded like a message.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Brown and Branstrom were 1st round picks with pedigree. Balcers was a 5th rounder that no one expected much from. I have a hard time believing he feels that entitled.

Oh I agree. I was just making a joke based on the funny notion that there needed to be a message sent and a promising prospect got waived for it.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I feel like I am the only one that will be surprised if he becomes a full time 3rd liner.....
No, I'm there with you. Sens where actually terrible and he couldn't stick. I'll be surprised if he outplays anyone on the roster vying for the 3rd line at this point.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Hopefully Meloche has a good view from the press box.

At least Meloche now has his name in the NHL record books for all time.

Incidentally, does anyone know if NHL players get a similar deal that MLB players get - one game and you get access to the league medical insurance for life?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
At least Meloche now has his name in the NHL record books for all time.

Incidentally, does anyone know if NHL players get a similar deal that MLB players get - one game and you get access to the league medical insurance for life?
Not sure. I know they have to play either 400 or 450 games to be fully vested in their retirement. I only know that because Jody Shelley was a Shark when he passed the threshold and he commented on it.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver

w5iijie5esd21.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->