Confirmed with Link: Sharks claim Rudolf Balcers

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
He’d have been on the roster last year, but being in the sens system probably have him more game time than he’d have gotten with San Jose. I love this pick-up. Could see him putting up 30 points on the third line.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
This is great. Happy to get Rudy back. Nice work Douglas!

But wouldn't Nick Merkley have been a better decision to claim? Potential top 6er vs potential bottom 6er.

Balcers is more of a top 6er than Merkley. However, Balcers is also more of a boom or bust guy as Merk is more likely to be able to find a role for himself in the bottom 6. Balcers has more offensive talent but also is very limited in the roles he can play for a team.

That said, the Sharks have plenty of Merks on the team (granted not as talented) but as far as offensive prowess goes, Balcers is the better choice to make.

Reactions: Reggae Shark

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Well I dunno.. It was a mistake to trade Dolph but maybe it isn't too late to repent your sins.

DW clearly wanted him to develop away from Sommer, so he trades him to Ottawa to develop. DW also adds so many players and picks in the trade that he knew Ottawa wouldnt have room to keep Rudy. DW was laying in the weeds ready to strike!

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I'm sick of y'all dumb haters on DW.. Dude is straight up playing 5D chess with the rest of the NHL and its about time y'all stop haitng.
DW has always been more patient than the majority of people here. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Hope this kid gets a shot to prove himself.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Red Light Lover

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
Balcers is more of a top 6er than Merkley. However, Balcers is also more of a boom or bust guy as Merk is more likely to be able to find a role for himself in the bottom 6. Balcers has more offensive talent but also is very limited in the roles he can play for a team.

That said, the Sharks have plenty of Merks on the team (granted not as talented) but as far as offensive prowess goes, Balcers is the better choice to make.
Balcers is pretty strong on the PK. That fits nicely with our needs.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I wish I hadn't steadfastly said I wasn't making new avatars on demand to reflect roster changes so that I could release a mid-season update batch all at once. Because the siren song of a Balcers avatar is calling me.
I don’t think anyone would blame you if you did a one off. Especially if it shows Balcers getting carried off the Norte Dame football field.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I wish I hadn't steadfastly said I wasn't making new avatars on demand to reflect roster changes so that I could release a mid-season update batch all at once. Because the siren song of a Balcers avatar is calling me.

I've checked the HFboards by-laws thoroughly, and from my knowledge, this wouldn't be grounds for impeachment.

I'm sick of y'all dumb haters on DW.. Dude is straight up playing 5D chess with the rest of the NHL and its about time y'all stop haitng.

So we can confidently assume that the trophy for 5D chess isn't a Stanley Cup.

Reactions: tiburon12

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I figured you'd have already made yourself one of Balcers when he went on waivers, just in case.

Also, no more Kane avatar for you? Lemme guess, he didn't pay his rent on your avatar space? :sarcasm:

ErikKarlson

Jan 12, 2021
Ottawa Senators fan here. Wishing Balcers success in San Jose. I'm a little upset we lost him because I do think eventually he will score 25 to 30 goals in the NHL. Some people are saying SJ won the Karlson deal now but you know what who cares. Both teams are supposed to supposed to benefit from a deal right. First off Erik will always be one of my favourite players so I hope he has a great year in SJ. Secondly Ottawa is in an all Canadian division this year thanks to covid so we won't play the Sharks. We got Tim Stuzle, Josh Norris, Chris Tierney and a pick for DeMelo so we're good to go but wishing Sharks fans a better year with a re-tool and Go Erik & Balcers.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Ottawa Senators fan here. Wishing Balcers success in San Jose. I'm a little upset we lost him because I do think eventually he will score 25 to 30 goals in the NHL. Some people are saying SJ won the Karlson deal now but you know what who cares. Both teams are supposed to supposed to benefit from a deal right. First off Erik will always be one of my favourite players so I hope he has a great year in SJ. Secondly Ottawa is in an all Canadian division this year thanks to covid so we won't play the Sharks. We got Tim Stuzle, Josh Norris, Chris Tierney and a pick for DeMelo so we're good to go but wishing Sharks fans a better year with a re-tool and Go Erik & Balcers.

Those people are most likely joking FYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad