GDT: Sharks @ Canadiens - 10/26 - 4:00 PM PST - CSN-CA, CBC, RDS, KFOX

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
really rusty. But even when I still actually had everything I tried watching a french broadcast hockey game and was totally lost. Mostly because I learned about 95% Parisian French and the handful of Quebecois French quirks and different elements that I learned were not helpful at all for a hockey broadcast (unless they talked about upcoming games on a Saturday/Sunday or about the food available in arena concessions :laugh: Or maybe if one of the reporters slips and cusses on air.)

Yeah same here. Quebecois French had me lost. I made it one period of a Sharks/Habs game.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Pollaks blog indicated shep was skating as 3C during morning skate. Honestly. Given the injuries I wouldn't be surprised to see pavelski move up. But it would be really interesting to finally see shep in his natural position.

Hertl-jt-pavs
Marleau-couture-Kennedy
Nieto-shep-wingels
Hamilton-desi-brown

Meh lol

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 2m

Other #SJSharks updates: Wingels skates, but game-time decision vs. MON, Burns flew back to SJ from BOS and Niemi tonight, Stalock in OTT.

Well crap, i was hoping for a good goaltending battle watching the ottawa game, guess i can start to prepare myself for a loss now.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
bbranswell 11:44am via Web
Montreal native Marc-Édouard Vlasic expects to have about 30 family members and friends at Saturday's game against the #Habs.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
That's our Tommy. Don't think for a second that any of our beat writers would get anything more than that out of him :laugh:
Wingels is the man! couldn't ask for a better energy line player, hell he could be captain for the Sabres:sarcasm:

Excited for the weekend games, should be fun

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think this is going to be a track meet.

6-4 Sharks

Couture x2, Marleau, Meatball, Desjardins, Vlasic

Gallagher, Eller, Subban, Gionta.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
5-2 Sharks

Couture, Wingels, Vlasic, Pavelski, and Desjardins.

Gallagher and Subban.

Last edited:

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
Pollaks blog indicated shep was skating as 3C during morning skate. Honestly. Given the injuries I wouldn't be surprised to see pavelski move up. But it would be really interesting to finally see shep in his natural position.

Hertl-jt-pavs
Marleau-couture-Kennedy
Nieto-shep-wingels
Hamilton-desi-brown

Meh lol

I guess at some point with the injuries you have to give up on the 3rd scoring line. Look forward to the Hertl-jt-pavs line if that happens.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Best guess based on morning skate:

Hertl/Thornton/Hamilton
Marleau/Couture/Kennedy
Nieto/Pavelski/Wingels
McCarthy/Desjardins/Brown

Vlasic/Braun
Irwin/Stuart
Hannan/Demers

However, Cassie Campbell said that Wingels is out tonight and (the Sharks say he's a game time decision) that Sheppard will play so if that happens then it'll likely be McCarthy on Pavelski's RW and Sheppard on Desi's LW (at least to start).

Certainly not horrible lines, but I'd like to split the youngsters up on JT's line. Maybe swap Kennedy with either Hertl or Hamilton. Right now, other teams not seeing a huge threat from that line and they can concentrate more on the Couture line and even Pavs...

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Let's home to see a bounce back game, and maybe get some of the game in French like the last time the Sharks played in Montreal.

SNOG

Sharks 5 (Hertl, Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski x2)
Habs 4 (Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Desharnais)

Hopefully we see more scoring tonight than on this trip so far.

sharks fan 209

Mar 23, 2010
Hopefully they can get back n the win column today.

Song
Sharks- 4 couturex2, Sheppard, singles.

Habs- 2 subban, galy.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Best guess based on morning skate:

Hertl/Thornton/Hamilton
Marleau/Couture/Kennedy
Nieto/Pavelski/Wingels
McCarthy/Desjardins/Brown

Vlasic/Braun
Irwin/Stuart
Hannan/Demers

However, Cassie Campbell said that Wingels is out tonight and (the Sharks say he's a game time decision) that Sheppard will play so if that happens then it'll likely be McCarthy on Pavelski's RW and Sheppard on Desi's LW (at least to start).

Has there been any talk about Couture and Hertl trading places? It just seems to me that with Thornton playing with two rookies, it's kind of deminishing his returns. You put Couture on the first line and then you have two lines with two vets keeping those lines moving. I don't know line strategy as well as most here, but I see it as having 2 solid productive lines, a third energy line, and then you have the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad