GDT: Sharks @ Canadiens - 10/26 - 4:00 PM PST - CSN-CA, CBC, RDS, KFOX

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It has not been "obvious he is struggling". Even in his bad games he still creates chances. Tonight, even though he was "struggling", he created a breakaway, made several great passes, made two or three steals in the neutral zone, and backchecked well.

It actually was. He may have gotten the odd chance or two in the game but he wasn't as effective or as energetic in his overall game in the past handful of games. Today was a good game for him but that doesn't mean the last few weren't struggles for him. But whether he is playing well or not, the coach ought to have the ability to move him around from time to time. He hasn't been at Thornton's hip this entire time anyway so I don't know why anyone cares whether he goes up or down a line.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It actually was. He may have gotten the odd chance or two in the game but he wasn't as effective or as energetic in his overall game in the past handful of games. Today was a good game for him but that doesn't mean the last few weren't struggles for him. But whether he is playing well or not, the coach ought to have the ability to move him around from time to time. He hasn't been at Thornton's hip this entire time anyway so I don't know why anyone cares whether he goes up or down a line.

Not being as effective as he was when Burns was healthy is not the same as "struggling". You have impossibly high standards. Let us remember that this is a 19 year old child who doesn't speak English. You can't hold him to the standards you'd hold a Marleau. Oh wait, I saw nothing from you about how ****** Marelau was today. So I guess you hole Hertl to higher standards than Marleau.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Not being as effective as he was when Burns was healthy is not the same as "struggling". You have impossibly high standards. Let us remember that this is a 19 year old child who doesn't speak English. You can't hold him to the standards you'd hold a Marleau. Oh wait, I saw nothing from you about how ****** Marelau was today. So I guess you hole Hertl to higher standards than Marleau.

Marleau the ghost! :P

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Are you kidding? Before the Sens game, he spent a handful of games not creating much of anything on his own, being nonexistent defensively, and contributing very little. The most he did in the last few games was leak out and get a pass and that was pretty much the extent of his contributions the last few games.

You don't have to tell me the situation that the kid is in. I know it. I also didn't say that he had a bad game today. You are obviously being overprotective of the kid. I've not had impossibly high standards and I'm not holding him to Marleau's standards. This kind of reaction is way over the top. I'm not saying to send the kid down nor am I saying to put him on the 4th line. Nor am I saying to scratch the kid. Nor am I saying that what was going on even needed adjustments in line combinations. I said the kid shouldn't be immune from playing with other players besides Thornton.

All this hubbub you got here is just that. He was struggling the last five games before this game in Ottawa. He was nowhere near as involved in the play in that time frame as he was today and the time prior to these last five. And like I said the very first time, that's fine. It's going to happen and there's nothing wrong with that but his spot shouldn't be a guarantee for him. It's only been 12 games, good or bad, and it's not the worst thing in the world if he got to play with Pavs on the 3rd line instead of Thornton on the 2nd...which was my only suggestion with regards to Hertl anyway.

i.e. stop crying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad