GDT: Sharks at Ducks 10 PM ET on 10 - 5 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Sharks look like an RC-coached team so far this season, they play so slow and have no structure. Not a great start to their all-in season.
and Ottawa owns the rights to SJ's 2020 draft pick. Thats the icing on the cake if the Sharks end up being like the 2018-19 Ducks.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
At the end of the 2nd period I posted a link to the shot map. Most of SJ's chances were from the blue line. That's why it seemed like they had an inflated shot count.
I guess it makes sense they'd run their offense through their blue line given their lineup but it looks pretty incoherent at the moment. They're not dangerous. The one scoring play was a rush.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
What I liked about SJ calling the timeout during their PP was it also rested Lindholm-Manson. I believe they played the whole PK time, right?

When Larsson is the most physical defenseman out of Fowler, Guhle, MDZ, and Larsson, I'm kinda scared closing games out if Lindholm-Manson aren't out on the ice.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Wow, what a great team effort. I haven’t seen our team buy-in and actually go all out on forechecks and even hustling when changing! It shows what chemistry and having every player give it there all can do and now it makes sense that Sprong couldn’t be on this roster while Eakins develops the team culture as he mentioned.

We also haven’t seen consecutive sequences and passing like this for years. We showed that we can actually make 5+ passes in a row. I’m not sure if we could have done this with a player like Holzer our there so maybe we keep playing MDZ even if we would be smaller on D. As long as we battle as a group and defend Gibby, he’s gonna keep us in games.

Can’t really say anyone had a bad game. When someone makes a bad play or takes a penalty they worked hard on the little things like a hit, or breaking up a play.

Great overall win, and nice building block start. As long as they ALL keep hustling, we will be fun to watch.

Reactions: ShadowDuck

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Just realized that the Sharks pretty much road 8 forwards, and barely played their 4th line. Also Burns and Karlsson played a ton a minutes. That reminds me of how Randy did that and road his primary guys to the ground. Not good to burn players out all season before the playoffs.

I wonder how long Rowney and Grant can continue to be minute leaders. They are playing like Scotty Nieds and Sami Pahlsson, horses playing hard minutes.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The sharks played last night but damn the ducks looked good.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Easily the most fun I’ve had at a game in at least 3 seasons.

Loved the fact that you can actually see that there is a system. Guys instinctively know where to go with the puck in so many situations. Yes, the effort and all that... but there is actually a purpose to everything they’re doing. Players are constantly skating into support positions both offensively and defensively. And there are some real nice plans being executed perfectly. The one that stands out is when the puck gets rimmed around, and the winger curls it into the middle with a short little pass to a guy in full stride to exit the zone.

Very pleasing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad