GDT: Sharks at Ducks 10 PM ET on 10 - 5 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Right now with Shore and Jones playing well I’m not optimistic Ritchie will be playing in the top 9... but that can change
Yeah, let’s see who maintains and who fades and who gets injured. I’d be fine with him n the 4th line and PP if he can keep up with Grant and Rowney (Growney? Rant?) though.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ritchie needs to work on his speed and puck skills

Reactions: Trojans86

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lindholm looked unstoppable at times yesterday, in both ends. I’m expecting a massive season out of him. I’d be disappointed if this doesn’t end up being his best season yet

Yeah he has kind of stagnated since his 22 year old season - would be nice if he took massive strides the way Rielly and Trouba did last season.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, albeit we started with like 5 wins in 6 games last year, it was all Gibson and I mean ALL GIBSON. Grant was spectacular as well IIRC.

This year we just control the play. The finishing is still not playoff ready (worthy?) I would say, but we have all season to either a) work on that, b) trade for help, or both. It was a bit ridiculous how many shots we were not putting in yesterday. And we have to work on defense, there were some breakdowns. Gibson had to come to the rescue but in no way near to what was required from Dell yesterday.

And some thoughts:

Terry has great hands and can control/receive and process the puck in high speeds and crowded areas. Need to add some muscle
Would rather Jones play in SD
Grant and Rowney are damn solid. Actually have to mention Shore as well.
Getzlaf had a solid game. Heard a fact that he has the most points against the SJS franchise than any other player in the history.
Good first two games, we took the points from our rivals.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
stupid satellite messed up so missed a big chunk of the 1st. Some thoughts:

Shore is awesome. Leave him with Getzlaf. Getzlaf has always done well with someone who works their ass off. Think Kunitz.

Guhle-Fowler was better this game, but we really need another top 4 D. God I wish Montour was still a Duck. Think he'd fit this system REALLY well.

MDZ>>Holzer

Really liking the chemistry developing between Terry and Rico.

I'd try Ritchie on that line with them though. Jones hasn't been bad, but I think Ritchie will finish better than Jones. Would like to see him on that line.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
MDZ played a pretty good game against Sharks

But boy the sharks look like us last year in their first few games. Without Gibson to save them

Love our effort for a full games!!

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Yeah, albeit we started with like 5 wins in 6 games last year, it was all Gibson and I mean ALL GIBSON. Grant was spectacular as well IIRC.

This year we just control the play. The finishing is still not playoff ready (worthy?) I would say, but we have all season to either a) work on that, b) trade for help, or both. It was a bit ridiculous how many shots we were not putting in yesterday. And we have to work on defense, there were some breakdowns. Gibson had to come to the rescue but in no way near to what was required from Dell yesterday.

And some thoughts:

Terry has great hands and can control/receive and process the puck in high speeds and crowded areas. Need to add some muscle
Would rather Jones play in SD
Grant and Rowney are damn solid. Actually have to mention Shore as well.
Getzlaf had a solid game. Heard a fact that he has the most points against the SJS franchise than any other player in the history.
Good first two games, we took the points from our rivals.
why jones in SD?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
MDZ played a pretty good game against Sharks

But boy the sharks look like us last year in their first few games. Without Gibson to save them

Love our effort for a full games!!
Yep the Sharks are like the Ducks of last year, DeBoer from what i've been reading on Sharks board is that he's not running a good system anymore & that he's overusing certain players but given they lost alot of scoring depth (Nyquist/Donskoi/Pavelski) they aren't as deep to run 4 lines. The Sharks are more top heavy in their top 6 forwards but the Ducks bottom 6 are better than their bottom 6.
They also are missing D depth with injuries/trades. Imo they should fire DeBoer and get a coach that runs a system that works with their roster.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Jones is basically Etem right now. He's a chicken with his head cut off and no finish. Let him develop something.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Others already mentioned Vegas. I was wondering the same - if Eakins when he visited all our veteran players in the summer (in NA and in Europe), was his pitch that:'' look, we have arguably a better roster on paper than the Vegas had. Let`s play like them''.

Idk if it was it, just wondering. Because through first two games, our system and style really reminds Vegas and I`m not sad about it.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Others already mentioned Vegas. I was wondering the same - if Eakins when he visited all our veteran players in the summer (in NA and in Europe), was his pitch that:'' look, we have arguably a better roster on paper than the Vegas had. Let`s play like them''.

Idk if it was it, just wondering. Because through first two games, our system and style really reminds Vegas and I`m not sad about it.
Like the Ducks they lack an elite offensive Dman but they got a great goalie and have talent on all 4 lines.....thus it would seem this is the kind of team for the Ducks to emulate.
I would say their organization top to bottom is better than the SJ Sharks....i like their farm system alot better, their players who are signed long term etc.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Like the Ducks they lack an elite offensive Dman but they got a great goalie and have talent on all 4 lines.....thus it would seem this is the kind of team for the Ducks to emulate.
I would say their organization top to bottom is better than the SJ Sharks....i like their farm system alot better, their players who are signed long term etc.
Vegas vs SJ? Yeah. Vegas is a better organisation, they have some really good longterm contracts and intriguing young players coming up.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Vegas vs SJ? Yeah. Vegas is a better organisation, they have some really good longterm contracts and intriguing young players coming up.
Yeah them. If it all goes to plan Krebs will be centering a line for them in the future.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Bigger minutes and bigger responsibilities against easier competition. So that hopefully over time he’s a better top end player rather than learning to be a 3rd line player.
Agree, I somehow don't see Eakins doing that.

Surfandhockey

May 20, 2017
Serenity now... insanity later
1C2D129D-1718-4B18-B582-EBC926283EEA.jpeg

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
How do you guys think he compares with Boudreau in terms of minutes distribution and scheme? When the Ducks were coached by him, a few of the players had career years and they seemed very loose and having fun. Of course that team had a lot of players in their peak. Maybe we got so used to Carlyle's dinosaur coaching that any modern coaching scheme feels very much like a vast improvement.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Bruce was big on neutral zone pressure and it led to a let odd-man rushes for the other team. Randy did that sometimes too. I haven’t noticed that so far with Eakins.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
How do you guys think he compares with Boudreau in terms of minutes distribution and scheme? When the Ducks were coached by him, a few of the players had career years and they seemed very loose and having fun. Of course that team had a lot of players in their peak. Maybe we got so used to Carlyle's dinosaur coaching that any modern coaching scheme feels very much like a vast improvement.
That is yet to be seen, it's only been 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->