GDT: Sharks at Ducks 10 PM ET on 10 - 5 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Our players were shooting for rebounds we definitely need to get in position to get those I can remember 3 Terry shots that created scoreable rebounds

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
That stretch in the second when they the Sharks completely hemmed in their zone was amazing

And EK at the end of getting trapped had one play where he looked like he couldn’t pivot to his right at all as a duck player went by him
Wonder how much damaged goods he really might be.

Nice, fun effort to watch tonight.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Sharks board says the Ducks played like Vegas. Now thats a compliment to Eakins.

I actually thought that during the third period. They would have an odd man rush on offense and then outnumber the sharks when it went back their way. Just swarming all over them. I watched both the Vegas-Sharks games and that exactly how Vegas looked against them.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That stretch in the second when they the Sharks completely hemmed in their zone was amazing

And EK at the end of getting trapped had one play where he looked like he couldn’t pivot to his right at all as a duck player went by him
Wonder how much damaged goods he really might be.

Nice, fun effort to watch tonight.
Another problem is how much money they have tied up in Vlasic + Jones. All of that tied up in an AHL level goalie & aging shutdown Dman.
Jones is signed thru the 2023-24 season at 5.75 million cap hit with a modified NTC.

Burns can at least be moved to forward if he becomes very awful defensively towards the end of his contract.
As far as i can tell Martin Jones is healthy so can't be LTIRetired any time soon.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Odd stat for the game, Fowler had 0:00 short-handed minutes played. At least that's what ESPN is showing. Is that true? He's the only defenseman who didn't play any PK time in this game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Odd stat for the game, Fowler had 0:00 short-handed minutes played. At least that's what ESPN is showing. Is that true? He's the only defenseman who didn't play any PK time in this game.

Yeah that was the case from when Murray took over last season. The first thing he did was completely change the deployment of the D - Cams pairing got loads of offensive zone starts and hardly any PK time. What Eakins has done so far in the two games has echoed that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The Sharks were bad. But this team is already so much more fun to watch, there is actually some sort of a structure this year. We had so many chances, damn - but it`s also clear we need some more finishers in our lineup.

Bigger need is still top4 RD tho. Eakins was matching lines, on the road Fowler-Guhle will be more exposed and I think will generate the biggfer share of GA.

Oct 18, 2011
atleast unlike last year we're not getting way outplayed, we're if nothing else atleast a 50/50 team which is far better than under RC and imagine how much better Gibson can be if he's not under siege every game

They don't need to be elite in front of him, just be average, he's so good he will make a couple of A+ saves each game, you just can't expect a dozen

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
atleast unlike last year we're not getting way outplayed, we're if nothing else atleast a 50/50 team which is far better than under RC and imagine how much better Gibson can be if he's not under siege every game

They don't need to be elite in front of him, just be average, he's so good he will make a couple of A+ saves each game, you just can't expect a dozen
If they can be like the 2014 NYR & 2012 LAK they can make the playoffs. I also would point to the 2007 Canucks that made it because of Luongo.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Another thing i love

Grant and rowney 4 mins short handed ice time

Getz henrique lundy all under a min of sh toi

Getzlaf only played 15 mins, eakins isnt riding getzlaf like rc would.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018

We played the sharks and the yotes man

Reactions: GeraldDucksworth

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
It might be tough for me to watch to any of the games on this upcoming trip, at least from the the start of the game. Unfortunately no weekend games. So far it’s encouraging to see production coming from different parts of the lineup - it will be needed on the road.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm looked unstoppable at times yesterday, in both ends. I’m expecting a massive season out of him. I’d be disappointed if this doesn’t end up being his best season yet
Eakins has shown he really trusts Lindholm already. Seems like hes going to take all the tough mins and throw em on Lindholm and Manson (which is really what they are good with), and also let fowler take some of the mins better suited for his own game.

I think both players will have really good seasons... I think Lindholm will show why he is consistently amongst the talk of top shutdown dmen in the league... and I think fowler will take a step forward on the offensive side of his stat line. Which is what a lot of us wanted to see all along.... Biggest concern is finding a semi decent partner for fowler at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad