Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part III ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think we throw spaling on the fourth line
Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Nieto-Marleau-Ward
Donskoi-Couture-Karlsson
Spaling-Tierney-Zubrus

And later
Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Nieto-Marleau-Ward
Donskoi-Couture-Wingels
Spaling-Tierney-Karlsson

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
I think we throw spaling on the fourth line
Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Nieto-Marleau-Ward
Donskoi-Couture-Karlsson
Spaling-Tierney-Zubrus

And later
Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Nieto-Marleau-Ward
Donskoi-Couture-Wingels
Spaling-Tierney-Karlsson

That's prob what it will look like for now and boy oh boy, I am hoping they hit max 4-5 min's a game. Feeling bad for Tierney there,,,,and us fan's if they play more minute's than noted.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That's prob what it will look like for now and boy oh boy, I am hoping they hit max 4-5 min's a game. Feeling bad for Tierney there,,,,and us fan's if they play more minute's than noted.

Tierney will get spot shifts in the top nine depending on the situation if the line isn't working. I'll say this...Spaling is a better addition to the team than Burish was. Even if he sucks, he can at least kill penalties. lol

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
Tierney will get spot shifts in the top nine depending on the situation if the line isn't working. I'll say this...Spaling is a better addition to the team than Burish was. Even if he sucks, he can at least kill penalties. lol

LOL, Talk about a name I quickly put outta mind (Burish). On Tierney, for his sake / let's hope so. If Karlsson is having an 'off game', his punishment will be alongside Spaling and Zubrus on the 4th. Thus, 'they will play in order to play their way off the 4th' ,, LOL

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

It's not like tierney is some possession beast. Spaling will help that line score imo. Possession wise I think both tierney/spaling are low event. Spaling drives the net a lot and has a good shot. Tierney will grind if he has to but he looks for the Hollywood pass every time which isn't good for fenwick lol.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
LOL, Talk about a name I quickly put outta mind (Burish). On Tierney, for his sake / let's hope so. If Karlsson is having an 'off game', his punishment will be alongside Spaling and Zubrus on the 4th. Thus, 'they will play in order to play their way off the 4th' ,, LOL
A.K.A Penal Battalions....... :laugh:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

I don't understand this. Tierney-zubrus played well with Karlsson. Brown the last few games hurt them, but Spaling appears to be a clear bit better than brown. Why would we need to give that 4th line 4-5 minutes?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's not like tierney is some possession beast. Spaling will help that line score imo. Possession wise I think both tierney/spaling are low event. Spaling drives the net a lot and has a good shot. Tierney will grind if he has to but he looks for the Hollywood pass every time which isn't good for fenwick lol.

I never said Tierney was a possession beast. I wouldn't be so sure that Spaling will help that line score. What exactly is he going to do to accomplish that? Driving the net and having a good shot is fine but you have to be able to support the puck well to keep possession of the puck and pressure the opposition. Spaling is on a big downswing with his shooting percentage. Chances of that recovering right now is slim to none. Long term? Sure but he's not that for this team. I don't think Spaling is a good player for Tierney and his style. Zubrus seems to get Tierney to a decent extent but Spaling doesn't have that kind of offensive instinct.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I never said Tierney was a possession beast. I wouldn't be so sure that Spaling will help that line score. What exactly is he going to do to accomplish that? Driving the net and having a good shot is fine but you have to be able to support the puck well to keep possession of the puck and pressure the opposition. Spaling is on a big downswing with his shooting percentage. Chances of that recovering right now is slim to none. Long term? Sure but he's not that for this team. I don't think Spaling is a good player for Tierney and his style. Zubrus seems to get Tierney to a decent extent but Spaling doesn't have that kind of offensive instinct.

Wasn't directed specifically at you. Just some saying the 4th line is gonna suck but in reality they haven't been good in possession all year. They play a transition and scoring chance game.

Hard to say with spaling honestly.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
I don't understand this. Tierney-zubrus played well with Karlsson. Brown the last few games hurt them, but Spaling appears to be a clear bit better than brown. Why would we need to give that 4th line 4-5 minutes?

I take it you haven't seen many of the Leafs games. Spaling is pretty awful but agree, Zubrus is decent on the line. More so then either Spaling or Brown alongside Karlsson and Tierney as Karlsson and Tierney play well together and make the line competitive (meaning, in hopes of what a team wishes to at least get from a 4th). One alone with any combo of the three aforementioned = not much. If anything, Goodrow would be a better add in

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

Well, at least we have proof that despite what certain Stalock defenders have claimed here, the organization realizes that they cannot trust him, and need an upgrade.

An Avs fan in the trade forum suggested a deal of Stalock + Galimov for Berra. I'd sign off on that right now if I had the choice. Gets Stalock out of here, gets us a high quality backup, and costs us nothing but an asset we might not ever see play here anyway. The Avs fan wanted him because he has potential top-6 upside if he can be pried away from the KHL, which makes sense to me.

Like I said, I'd do that trade 100 times out of 100. Now if we can just get DW and Sakic to both agree....

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Avs are at 50 contracts, so they can't do 1 for 2 deals.

Do you have a grade Z prospect you don't care about that you could part with in order to make the contracts work out? Some innocuous scrub that will probably wash out of the AHL, but is still on your books?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Do you have a grade Z prospect you don't care about that you could part with in order to make the contracts work out? Some innocuous scrub that will probably wash out of the AHL, but is still on your books?

Sure, there's plenty of those, just take your pick (Meurs, Cheek, Beaupre etc.). Anyway, sorry for invading your subforum but I have a feeling Berra will be a Sharks before the deadline passes, and I really hope he does well for you if it comes to that.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Sure, there's plenty of those, just take your pick (Meurs, Cheek, Beaupre etc.). Anyway, sorry for invading your subforum but I have a feeling Berra will be a Sharks before the deadline passes, and I really hope he does well for you if it comes to that.

No worries at all about it, happy to have you here for your input on the potential Berra thing, since you obviously know the Avs' situation and needs better than we do.

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on that Stalock + Galimov for Berra (+ scrub of your choosing) deal one of your fellow Avs fans suggested on the trade forum?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
No worries at all about it, happy to have you here for your input on the potential Berra thing, since you obviously know the Avs' situation and needs better than we do.

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on that Stalock + Galimov for Berra (+ scrub of your choosing) deal one of your fellow Avs fans suggested on the trade forum?

I honestly think they would rather take a pick back, than Galimov. I saw a bit of him and he's decent, but nothing to write home about. But who knows maybe the Avs like him enough to take a gamble on him coming over.

Losing the extra year on Berra's contract could be enticing as well, they'll need the money to re-sign Barrie and Nate. And Pickard is the #2 as soon as next season according to Sakic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad