GDT: Shark Freak shirsey giveaway vs Dead Things. 7:30

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I was looking into some of Athanasiou’s numbers and his 5-on-5 scoring rates look pretty similar to Evander Kane’s before we traded for Kane when you factor in every piece of context. Kane with a better team has taken a jump in his scoring rates and I do wonder if Athanasiou could do the same on a better team.
I fear his quick hitting style may not work great with PDB's system. Although EK and Burns outlet passes to his speed sound pretty tempting.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
That was an ugly game, but they’ve won 6 in a row, and they what 3 points out of third in the division. The Pacific is bad. Pick up a top 6 winger and I think they can come out of the division. That being said, aside from the Kings, the other teams are all going to be in it.

Also, while I don’t think Burns the tripping penalty, Anthansiou’s pick up of the puck entering the zone was an absolute thing of beauty. He seemed to pivot in such a way that in one step he was six feet from Burns.

Reactions: Phu

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I'd say the sharks didnt need the normal effort to win. But jumbo and the bottom six are a larger issue at this point

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Teams start playing better and still lose when they're getting out of a slump. Teams don't play well and still win when they're heading into a slump. I feel the Sharks haven't been good the last 2 games and they might start hitting a slump soon. Hopefully it'll be a short slump and not a 5-6 game losing streak.

I thought they played pretty well against Anaheim.

I fear his quick hitting style may not work great with PDB's system. Although EK and Burns outlet passes to his speed sound pretty tempting.

Athanasiou’s name has been out there but I’d rather acquire a forward who is a little better defensively and who drives play a bit better. Athanasiou was damn good tonight but he doesn’t do too much if he isn’t scoring.

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I thought they played pretty well against Anaheim.

Athanasiou’s name has been out there but I’d rather acquire a forward who is a little better defensively and who drives play a bit better. Athanasiou was damn good tonight but he doesn’t do too much if he isn’t scoring.
Agreed on both points. The Ana game wasnt perfect, granted I was there and pretty drunk lol, but thought it was fine. And ya I'd prefer a more well rounded player to acquire than Athanasiou.

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Burns was a legitimate liability most of the game. One of his worst in a long time.
He has a few of these games every year and that's where the narrative that he cant play D comes from. Hes normally a really good defensive Dman actually imo. But its games like these, that people that dont watch him every night remember, defensively anyways.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
He has a few of these games every year and that's where the narrative that he cant play D comes from. Hes normally a really good defensive Dman actually imo. But its games like these, that people that dont watch him every night remember, defensively anyways.

Those games have definitely been fewer and farther between the past couple years, but man oh man, when Burns is bad, he is bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad