Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Can we get a better song that Van Halen David lee Roth is horrible

giphy.gif

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I'm still very concerned with how this team is playing. the last 6 wins they were expected to beat, but they haven't been very good wins. They're still very prone to terrible defensive lapses but just like last year they're just scoring their problems away.

i feel they played well against shutting the oilers and preds

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I'm still very concerned with how this team is playing. the last 6 wins they were expected to beat, but they haven't been very good wins. They're still very prone to terrible defensive lapses but just like last year they're just scoring their problems away.

I disagree completely. There is parity. Teams will get grade A chances. 60 minutes is hard to be perfect

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

At least they seem to not be playing quite as predictably all the time in the offensive zone. Seems like Karlsson isn't just firing away from the point at will, and Hertl is working down low much better. (Edit: Also, Couture is getting more chances now which is sure as hell better than being invisible like he was for most nights in October.)

The bottom line is that if the Swedish Moustache Man has turned a corner and continues playing like he has the last few games, this is a good team. And Vlasic seems to be working well with him, too, which is great. If Burns can get back in good form so that both Minute-Munchers are rolling at the same time this team won't have to defend that much with all the puck possession they'll have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan and Phu

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007

Could be worse. We could be the Leafs :laugh:

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I disagree completely. There is parity. Teams will get grade A chances. 60 minutes is hard to be perfect

It's a problem when teams constantly hand out those chances though. How many 2 on 1s did Detroit have in the 3rd, its a common trend for the sharks where you have 4 players over-committing, leading to these lapses

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Athanasius looks like legit one of the best players in the world every time we play him, but he came into the game with 3 goals...wtf? Hes obviously not elite, but after watching him, no idea how he had 3 goals coming into the night...

I was looking into some of Athanasiou’s numbers and his 5-on-5 scoring rates look pretty similar to Evander Kane’s before we traded for Kane when you factor in every piece of context. Kane with a better team has taken a jump in his scoring rates and I do wonder if Athanasiou could do the same on a better team.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Teams start playing better and still lose when they're getting out of a slump. Teams don't play well and still win when they're heading into a slump. I feel the Sharks haven't been good the last 2 games and they might start hitting a slump soon. Hopefully it'll be a short slump and not a 5-6 game losing streak.

Reactions: Sandisfan

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Labanc on TV postgame interview:

- we had a really good game here, they came out and they played a good full 60 minutes, we just gotta keep this momentum rolling with ourselves and make sure we're coming here next game and we're gonna take over and get the next win
- [on his assist to Karlsson] I just came down the flank, shot it, Cooch had a shot on net, hit the post, and I gave it back to Karl, Karl gave it to me, I saw that guys were staying with me the whole time so I gave it to him, and just a great shot by Karly

Couture on radio postgame interview:

- [on reaching .500] it's nice, but we wanted from the start of the season to be above .500 at this point, so take the positives that we dug ourselves out of the hole, but realize there's still a lot of work to be done to be where we wanna be
- [on the team's resilience] I don't think we were near our best tonight coming off a big rivalry win in Anaheim the other night with a little travel, we didn't really have our jump it seemed, Joner made some outstanding saves in that 2nd and 3rd period there, didn't like that we gave up that 3rd one, we got a lead, we can't give up a 2-on-1 like that, but other than that, we found a way
- [on Labanc] you can always tell when Banc-er's playing well, when the puck kinda follows him around, tonight that was the case, he made some great plays entering the zone, he has that patience that not many players possess with the puck, a lot of guys - when you get it, you kinda want to give it away, but Banc-er takes that extra second to make a play, on his goal, he did that entering the zone, made a great play, it's fun to play with him when the puck's following him around
- [what have you learned from this win streak?] I think defending harder, tonight I don't think we were at our best at that, but I think throughout this win streak we were much better than we were at the start of the year, there's still a few too many odd-mans that we're giving up, but it's not like in the double-digits like it was for the first 15 games or however many games that was, it seemed like we were giving up 8 or 9 or 10 every night, that's down to about 4 a night, so that's a big thing for us, you know, backdoor goals that the goaltenders have no chance on, so we're cutting down on those

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad