GDT: Shark Freak shirsey giveaway vs Dead Things. 7:30

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I love some of DLR with VH but even more his solo band with Vai and later Becker but Hagar is is 10 times the singer and lyricist. The song writing on Van Hagar stuff is just better IMO than the majority of of DLR Van Halen. That Montrose album was freakin great though. Hagar was like 17 or something when they recorded it.

Well...at least we can all agree that VH3 is the worst.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Labanc is the streakiest player on the Sharks. First 5 games suck, next 10 games good, next 5 games suck. Then he has a 3 point night and dominates the whole game

I know, it’s why it’s hard for me to trade him when people suggest it. He has games/string of games where he looks like a star and he’s still really young. I think he still has it in him to consistently become that player we sometimes see that takes over games.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Sure, but "playing" (in the current tense) .500 hockey implies that they're consistently winning and losing about equally.
Sharks have been wildly inconsistent, but on the season as a whole are a .500.

I might be the only Sens fan alive cheering for the Sharks, so I'm not trying to bash whatsoever. I'm hoping your current hot streak continues and the team has a great season to stick it to Melnyk.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Sharks have been wildly inconsistent, but on the season as a whole are a .500.

I might be the only Sens fan alive cheering for the Sharks, so I'm not trying to bash whatsoever. I'm hoping you have a great season to stick it to Melnyk.

Yea I don't think you're trying to bash us or anything, it's more of a semantic issue.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I don't get the outrage. By season totals, their point totals indicate the exact definition of .500 hockey with an odd number of games played. Full points in 10 games. 0 points in 10 games. 1 out of 2 points in 1 game...
Except there's this thing called context. You don't get to ignore it if you want to make valid points.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Except there's this thing called context. You don't get to ignore it if you want to make valid points.
What is he ignoring? The post he quoted literally said "win one more and we will be at 500 hockey". Win one more game and they'll actually be above 500 since they are exactly 500 now...
Again, completely unnecessary outrage. He wasn't even criticizing the Sharks in his post so I don't understand why you're throwing a fit.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
What is he ignoring? The post he quoted literally said "win one more and we will be at 500 hockey". Win one more game and they'll actually be above 500 since they are exactly 500 now...
Again, completely unnecessary outrage.

I think the outrage is unnecessary, but I do think "playing .500 hockey" implies more than just being at .500, i.e. winning one and losing one, or just playing inconsistent on a more consistent basis, as funny as that sounds. Again, a semantic argument.

Reactions: Phu

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I think the outrage is unnecessary, but I do think "playing .500 hockey" implies more than just being at .500, i.e. winning one and losing one, or just playing inconsistent on a more consistent basis, as funny as that sounds. Again, a semantic argument.

Definitely semantics, but I don't even think that's the case here. The original post was clearly talking about their season record, not "playing 500".

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Again, completely unnecessary outrage. He wasn't even criticizing the Sharks in his post so I don't understand why you're throwing a fit.
Except that's not all the original post said. You can't ignore the rest of it, that's the context and it's pivotal to the meaning.

We are playing close to 1.00 hockey currently.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Except that's not all the original post said. You can't ignore the rest of it, that's the context and it's pivotal to the meaning.

No, it really isnt. Read the original post again. Nolan11 clearly just misinterpreted the current seasons record. You're making a mountain out of literally nothing.

Reactions: Sensfan4life

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

The original post you qouted said exactly what is happening. The sharks are playing .500 hockey.

There was nothing else in his/her post that could have any more context in it. The context from start to finish was the sharks are playing .500 hockey right now. That is 100% fact.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
500 hockey is an equal amount of wins and losses. Right now, we are at 10-10-1 which means we have lost 11 while winning only 10, loser points don't matter. One more win and we will be at 500.

But in a league where you make the playoffs by gaining the most points, not wins. .500 hockey means points/game. And as of right now the sharks have 21 points in 21 games. .500 hockey.

I will post this here like i did a few years ago on the main board.

In the nhl a team that goes 0-0-82 could make the playoffs over a team that goes 40-42-0.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
500 hockey is an equal amount of wins and losses. Right now, we are at 10-10-1 which means we have lost 11 while winning only 10, loser points don't matter. One more win and we will be at 500.
Silly semantics.

The Sharks have earned 50% of the points available.

The rest is meaningless.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Sharks are at NHL .500
They are at .476 W/L.

So much pointless discussion.

No, loser points don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Our goal is to win the cup. In the playoffs, there are no loser points. If we go 3-0-4 in a series, we go home.

Now I understand every team will get a few loser points and they could make the difference on getting in to the playoffs, but counting on them is dumb. If we only win 40 and get 8-10 loser points, we likely don't make it to second season. The long and short is 500 hockey is not good enough. We need the get to 600 hockey from now on to control our own destiny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad