Confirmed with Link: Shane Churla leaves Habs to become Panthers director of amateur scouting

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's embarrassing.

A bunch of other teams are doing diverse, merit based hiring and we still have Larry Jr. getting paid to do another role he has no qualification for.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
here is 6 names that I think could be interesting to replace Churla

Brad Whelen
Chris Morehouse
Stéphane Pilotte
Jérôme Mésonéro
Alexandre Rouleau
Yanick Lemay

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
here is 6 names that I think could be interesting to replace Churla

Brad Whelen
Chris Morehouse
Stéphane Pilotte
Jérôme Mésonéro
Alexandre Rouleau
Yanick Lemay

Anyone of them ever played with Bergevin?

Reactions: dinodebino

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Oh no, this is going to hurt our totally awesome track record of drafting busts throughout the entire draft.

Dude, we're f***ing elite.

We simultaneously only draft busts while having the best prospect pool in the league.

MB is both a genius and hampered by his scouting and development staff (which he performance manages and can fire/hire)

Schrodinger's Bergevin.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would have changed jobs too if I was made director of a department only for the executive director to actually make the final decisions. Nothing will change until Timmins is gone and Churla was at least smart enough to see this.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He also NOW works in Florida and Idk if anyone told you but most people, and I mean like 99% of the pop (100 if non Quebecois) would rather pay no income tax and live in a tropical climate than deal with 53% taxation, (Mod) crap weather, worse roads and be part of a team with zero cup aspirations.

I'm not 100% sure but I think most scouts are just based out of their hometown and don't actually move to the city of their NHL team. I mean there would be no point since they are on the road scouting most of the time. Especially if we're talking about Florida a state with literally zero NHL prospects. Why would he live there?

Unless of course Churla and his family decide to set up a permanent residence there for the reasons you've stated of course that's their choice but Churla wouldn't be there most of the time, he'd be on the road.

More realistically he is from BC so he will probably chill there with his family on off days and not in Florida because there would be no point in going down there aside from vacations.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He also NOW works in Florida and Idk if anyone told you but most people, and I mean like 99% of the pop (100 if non Quebecois) would rather pay no income tax and live in a tropical climate than deal with 53% taxation, (Mod) crap weather, worse roads and be part of a team with zero cup aspirations.

He is not MOVING to Florida. He is working for the Panthers. He's been with the Habs for many years, he doesn't live in Montreal. I think he lives in Minnesota.

Timmins has been with the Habs since 2003, he still lives in Ottawa. Rick Dudley worked for Montreal, but he lived in Buffalo. Ramage works for Montreal. He lives in St. Louis.

These are departments that work for an organization, but don't necessarily live in the city the organization plays in.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Did Bergevin not claim that high level scouting people are not available? I think it was Marinaro who had pressed him on this issue.

Oh, he must have meant that they’re not available from other teams but are totally available from the Habs. Now I get it. :sarcasm:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Who I'd like us to look at:
Mark Yannetti from LA, Bob Luccini from Carolina, Al Murray from T-Bay, etc.
Who we will look at:
Donald Audette, Serge Boisvert and Bobby Kinsella.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
He is not MOVING to Florida. He is working for the Panthers. He's been with the Habs for many years, he doesn't live in Montreal. I think he lives in Minnesota.

Timmins has been with the Habs since 2003, he still lives in Ottawa. Rick Dudley worked for Montreal, but he lived in Buffalo. Ramage works for Montreal. He lives in St. Louis.

These are departments that work for an organization, but don't necessarily live in the city the organization plays in.
I remember pierre gauthier. Im not sure, but when he was the GM of montreal, he was living in US, like vermont or new hampshire. So they are all working for montreal, but not necessarily living here

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Who I'd like us to look at:
Mark Yannetti from LA, Bob Luccini from Carolina, Al Murray from T-Bay, etc.
Who we will look at:
Donald Audette, Serge Boisvert and Bobby Kinsella.

Murray and Yannetti have bigger role that they would have heres so I don't think It will work.

Luccini is 72 so I don't think at his age he want a role with that much responsibilities

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would have changed jobs too if I was made director of a department only for the executive director to actually make the final decisions. Nothing will change until Timmins is gone and Churla was at least smart enough to see this.

Honest question... Do you think Churla is a big loss cause Timmins tells him what to do? How do we know then if Churla was good at his job or not?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Martin Madden JR could be a very nice get. I always liked anaheim´s selections. Not necessarily because they are selecting often in Q. But their picks, became their core.., fowler, theodore, rakkell, lindholm, etc. But, i think for madden, his next job is GM or nothing else

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Martin Madden JR could be a very nice get. I always liked anaheim´s selections. Not necessarily because they are selecting often in Q. But their picks, became their core.., fowler, theodore, rakkell, lindholm, etc. But, i think for madden, his next job is GM or nothing else

Yep he's now AGM in ANA and he's probably the one who will replace Murray but that's why I put Stephane Pilotte as candidate. He's the one who is scout in QMJHL and made an awesome job when he work in the Q

Stéphane Pilotte Team Staff Profile - Elite Prospects

Reactions: Toene

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad