Euro: SF: France vs. Germany, 7/7/2016

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
I don't find him pretty good at all so far.
He has been left all alone ALL GAME by Payet. Has only mustered one decent cross out of it.
DD is getting crazy on the sideline after Payet.

Completely agree with you there, he should create much more with the space he gets.
Also did not have a good game against Italy.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If I was DD, I'd take Giroud off for Kante at the half. If you start to get more control of the game and need more push in the final third, then replace Sissoko with Coman or Martial later.

Pogba-Matuidi isn't a midfield. That might work vs. Iceland but it won't here. I'd take off Matuidi for Kante.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
And yet he's been 10 times or so in position to do so. :shakehead

Oh yeah, and who's the target? Athletic giant Thomas Müller? Germany isn't trying to attack by low percentage crosses. Not all successful full backs play the same way.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Horrible decision by Muller after the poor back pass from Matuidi. France have been giving it away too easily for a while.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh yeah, and who's the target? Athletic giant Thomas Müller? Germany isn't trying to attack by low percentage crosses. Not all successful full backs play the same way.
You think not crossing the ball when you have the chance to do so is playing an insane game?
Or is it the 1 challenge won out of 2 which is insane??? :laugh:

Sorry, 1 out of 3 now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
France need Sissoko off the pitch. Kante on for him brings balance to their midfield and allows both Pogba and Matuidi to be a bit more adventurous. Griezmann and Payet can handle the wideplay with Giroud up top.

Either way Sissoko is terrible.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ridiculous from Schweinsteiger there looking for a call.

Nice play by France. Germany has how much possession and can't put together a play like that.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Well the fact is he did try to cross it in various time and mostly didnt get the ball past the first defender.

I really don't care. Crosses are a waste, and not why Kimmich is a good full back. It's not why Lahm was a world class full back either.

You think not crossing the ball when you have the chance to do so is playing an insane game?
Or is it the 1 challenge won out of 2 which is insane??? :laugh:

Sorry, 1 out of 3 now.

Talking about challenge percentages and crosses lol. What antiquated thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad