Euro: SF: France vs. Germany, 7/7/2016

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Löw confirmed Germany will be without Gomez, Khedira (injuries) and Hummels (suspension).

As mentioned before imo it's 50/50.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
France. Germany is playing pretty mediocre/underachieving all tournament. They also lack players to take over if things don't go well. Schweini might be the only one, but he is at 80% at best.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
What will be interesting to see is how France's defense reacts to a team that is actually capable of generating quality attacks.

I'm glad that France will have to play at least ONE top tier team to win this thing. It's unbelievable the luck they had of playing all these second rate sides so far.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Injuries/suspensions make this easier for France. However, I have faith in Höwedes or Mustafi entering for Hummels, and I'm excited to see Julian Weigl hopefully get some action. I have a feeling Mesut Özil is going to have a big game. Germany take this, but it'll be tight.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm glad that France will have to play at least ONE top tier team to win this thing. It's unbelievable the luck they had of playing all these second rate sides so far.

I hope you're applying that thought to some of the other sides still in the tournament.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Portugal had to play Croatia. Wales had to play Belgium. Germany had to play Italy and now France.

None of these teams had a cakewalk path like France.

Wales has had an easy enough run to compare and it's certainly comparable based on teams' level of play during this tournament.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Maybe the injury to Schweinsteiger will force Löw to give Weigl a shot. Wouldn't be the worst thing.

Don't really have any feeling going into this one. Could see either side advancing comfortably, or it being a tight affair.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
The true final of the tournament. Could go either way I would put my money on Germany.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Löw confirmed Germany will be without Gomez, Khedira (injuries) and Hummels (suspension).

As mentioned before imo it's 50/50.

Yup. That's a bad blow for the team.

Rooting for Germany. But it's really a 50/50 game.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Surprised to see so many people picking France. I'll be rooting for them but Germany has shown us time and again why they go so far in every tournament and I think they have the edge, even with the injuries.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Serious question why does an Italian get to Ref this game after Germany just eliminated Italy ? You just leave yourself open to stupid speculations if something questionable happens. Than again he called the WC Final 2 years ago as well.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
France. Germany is playing pretty mediocre/underachieving all tournament. They also lack players to take over if things don't go well. Schweini might be the only one, but he is at 80% at best.

And France hadn't before the game against Iceland?

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
Serious question why does an Italian get to Ref this game after Germany just eliminated Italy ? You just leave yourself open to stupid speculations if something questionable happens. Than again he called the WC Final 2 years ago as well.

Nicola Rizzoli is one of the top refs on the planet. You have nothing to worry about.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Nicola Rizzoli is one of the top refs on the planet. You have nothing to worry about.
Rizzoli was mediocre at best in the WC final, though. Anyway, I do not worry about him (and serp certainly does not either), but the question is valid and has not been answered: Why did UEFA not choose someone where no stupid speculation could come up?

Gruß,
BSHH

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Even without Hummels, I feel that Germany has been so difficult to create chances against...even going back to the WC. I have a hard time seeing France scoring more than one, and one won't be enough. Iceland showed that France is vulnerable, especially on set pieces. I expect a 2-1 win for Germany, but a more open game that could lead to more. I certainly don't feel especially confident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad