Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Proud of the boys.

They played well the first 70 mins.

Some weird subs from Hjulmand.
And a clearly tired Danish team after the fight in Baku.

Hard to do anything with 10 against 11 in the 2nd ot half.

I will cheer with all my heart for the lesser of two evils on Sunday.

Reactions: DashingDane

Tmu84

- Tmuussoni
Feb 2, 2011
Funland
I hated the penalty kick, not deserved and definetely a dive. But in the end,
Shots on goal 21-6 in favour of England , shots that hit on goal 10-3 in favour of England. So the better team moved on, the Danes were just too gassed.

Team Denmark can definetely still feel proud of themselves for putting up such a good fight.

Biggest disappointment of the day : there definetely was more diving in team England than for Italy yesterday. I hope the referee is the same one from Italy - Spain game, so at least such gross diving wouldn't be tolerated on Sunday...

Reactions: I am not exposed

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Italy definitely looked like the strongest side from the beginning of the tourney.

England is going to have their work cut out for them.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Sterling knew exactly what he was doing. He knew the defenders were closing in and was going down with even the slightest amount of contact.

The Danish player brushed him ever so slightly, Sterling flopped/dove, the ref got conned, and (because there *was* a tiny amount of contact) VAR decided it wasn't a "clear and obvious" error.

Reactions: gary69 and Eisen

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes he did. He looked at his shirt right before the penalty. Still a shitty thing to do noneseless.

No he didn't. Even the studio analysts on Finnish tv commented that he didn't even notice it. Not saying it's ok by any means but he didn't even notice it. And he saved the penalty!

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
One thing I do like, is that maybe we can finally get rid of the "Diving Italianos" and "Proper Englishmen" of what I grew up with. It's the exact opposite now.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Soft penalty, but there was a more obvious one missed during normal time. Also not as soft as the one Belgium got previously so the standard was set earlier in the tournament.

Free kick Denmark scored from was also soft.

Reactions: Venkman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad