World Cup: SF: Croatia vs. England, 7/11/2018

Who will play in a World Cup Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The only time I've ever wanted a team to win a game more in my life was when Hibs won the cup. Don't listen to any of the Shrimpers on here giving it "we don't have any expectations". It's nauseating.

Shrimper? Is that your equivalent of a sheep shagger?

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Croatia couldn't beat Denmark and Russia in 120 minutes. England should be the favourites here, though probably not by much.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Croatia couldn't beat Denmark and Russia in 120 minutes. England should be the favourites here, though probably not by much.
England couldn't beat a James-less Columbia in 120 minutes. What they both did is completely irrelevant. Also, how Russia and Denmark play couldn't be more different than how England plays. The type of game those two play will always present the biggest problems for us.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Shrimper? Is that your equivalent of a sheep shagger?
No, it's the only name of a resident English poster who thinks they don't have any expectations I could think of as I was typing. The name "Shrimper" in this instance is derived from the nickname of Southend United Football Club, due to their proximity to the coast and related industries.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Our staring lineup: Subašić, Strinić, Vida, Lovren, Vrsaljko, Brozović, Rakitić, Modrić, Perišić, Rebić, Mandžukić

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I'm just glad Steven Seagal is in the house.

34893c6500b41fe2d016.jpeg

Reactions: Tuggy and al secord

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
England couldn't beat a James-less Columbia in 120 minutes.

I rate James-less Colombia higher than either Denmark and Russia.

Also, how Russia and Denmark play couldn't be more different than how England plays. The type of game those two play will always present the biggest problems for us.

IMO that argument only takes you so far if the opponent is as limited a site as e.g. Russia.

That said, maybe England will indeed play a game more to the taste of Croatia today and your team will be able to take advantage of it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Going for Croatia but no matter who wins.. they better wipe out France on Sunday and play monkey in the middle with the ball during added time

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This has the feelings of an extremely massive game. Perhaps it's because both countries are so starved of final appearances, but the overall feel is that this game simply means far more than the one yesterday.

It will be interesting to see which players stand up and be counted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad