Seven Round Snake Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU's time has expired, and therefore the New York Islanders' selection will be made for him. Since I hold the following pick, in an effort to remain impartial, I have asked Patty Ice XXX to make the pick for NYI instead of me.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
After some consideration and a visit to the Isles board to get some of their views, the New York Islanders are happy to select:

:isles

D Brian Lee

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Patty Ice XXX said:
After some consideration and a visit to the Isles board to get some of their views, the New York Islanders are happy to select:

D Brian Lee

Good choice. The Islanders sorely needed a solid defenseman to add to their prospect ranks.

Last edited:

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
ooooh i see why that happened...my fault i have a job and i can't be on the computer 24/7....anywyas, i wnat to change the pick to soemone who hasnt been selected, NOT A MC Such-n-such fan and would be shocked if the islanders took a high school defenseman

Mod Edit: took out the name so not to create confusion

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
strange but i could have sworn it said next to nyi--jnrhockeyguru and not pattyicexxxxxxxx

Well, you did miss the time limit for your pick, and the rules state that a selection would be made for you. But, if you want, since we haven't progressed that far, I'll let you change the pick.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
ooooh i see why that happened...my fault i have a job and i can't be on the computer 24/7....anywyas, i wnat to change the pick to soemone who hasnt been selected, NOT A MC Such-n-such fan and would be shocked if the islanders took a high school defenseman

Mod Edit: took out the name so not to create confusion

Next time if you feel you might miss the alotted time for your pick, feel free to send in a shortlist of prospects for me to pick from. It helps greatly.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
With the 22nd pick the Boston Bruins select Center Ryan Stoa from the US NTDP.

This was a tough choice after the two guys i was targeting(McArdle & Bergfors) just went off the board.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Nice. I love it when we get a bunch of picks done and out of the way quickley. It allows for a better flow to the draft and might let me pick withing the next 24 hrs :)

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
What's the time frame on the Islanders pick? We had picked D Brian Lee for him and that made the most sense...I'm sure almost any guy he was looking at has been picked since and the draft is progressing nicely right now.

Should we just say the heck with it and give him Lee or what? Maybe Rask would have been his man or probably Bergfors, but who's left that would be a better pick than Lee...I don't really see a better fit and it's only a matter of time until Lee's no longer available.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
salostyle said:
What's the time frame on the Islanders pick? We had picked D Brian Lee for him and that made the most sense...I'm sure almost any guy he was looking at has been picked since and the draft is progressing nicely right now.

Should we just say the heck with it and give him Lee or what? Maybe Rask would have been his man or probably Bergfors, but who's left that would be a better pick than Lee...I don't really see a better fit and it's only a matter of time until Lee's no longer available.

I agree. There is a glaring hole in the middle of the draft list!

petec1978*

Yes, he should be given Lee.

In later rounds it would be alright to allow him to substitute even after 24 hours but here in the 1st round it's too important to the draft order.

IMO he forfeited his right to make a substitution when he A.) missed his original time period B.) threw a hissy fit on the board instead of asking civily to have his pick changed to his player of choice and C.) didn't check this thread for a full day after the exchange.

Either way someone needs to step up here, be an adult and make the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad