Seven Round Snake Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Despite their poor luck historically with WHL prospects (Wickenheiser, Terry Ryan, Matt Higgins, etc), the Montreal Canadiens are pleased to select from the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL, defenseman Scott Jackson.

Montreal is also looking to add picks to its stable, please make me an offer, nobody is untouchable.

Last edited:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
With the 36th overall pick in the 2005 NHL entry draft, the San Jose Sharks select, out of Virginia High School:

:sharks:​

Matt Niskanen

Even though he was my targeted pick at #28, we gambled that talented, young defenseman might have fallen beneath the radar and we were right, getting an additional 2nd rounder along the way. A wealth of untapped potential.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Niskanen's a very nice pick and steal IMO. He's got the hype machine going for him now, and its possible he could go in the mid-late first round...unless someone does a Wheeler type deal selection with him. I even thought about suggesting him for NYI's pick.

I knew it would have been too true to believe if he fell to my pick at 48, good pick.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Yes it is time. Looking at their prospect pool:

Dallas

Forward: Istomin, Eriksson, Miettinen, Jokinen, Hagos, Lessard, Polak, Guyer, Sawada...

Defense: Daley, Belle, Fransson, Fistric, Grossman, Nickerson...

Goalie: Dan Ellis, Mike Smith (Traded Bacashihua)

Forward and Defense seem fine for now.

I nominate Goalie Jeff Frazee

Does everyone agree? If so, TMHUNH can go. When Shane gets back and the next guy on the list Sabes sent wasn't taken, it can be changed or if Sabes gets here himself and his guy still wasn't taken he can change it I'm sure. Just to try to keep it moving along the line of 4 hrs.

Last edited:

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:
Yes it is time. Looking at their prospect pool:

Dallas

Forward: Istomin, Eriksson, Miettinen, Jokinen, Hagos, Lessard, Polak, Guyer, Sawada...

Defense: Daley, Belle, Fransson, Fistric, Grossman, Nickerson...

Goalie: Dan Ellis, Mike Smith (Traded Bacashihua)

Forward and Defense seem fine for now.

I nominate Goalie Jeff Frazee

Does everyone agree? If so, TMHUNH can go. When Shane gets back and the next guy on the list Sabes sent wasn't taken, it can be changed or if Sabes gets here himself and his guy still wasn't taken he can change it I'm sure. Just to try to keep it moving along the line of 4 hrs.

I think that is a very good choice. Frazee is BPA on my list, although I wouldn't have picked him since I got Rask already.

So if Dallas wants to change it they should be able to...I will go ahead and select someone he probably didn't want anyways.

LA selects from Cedar Rapids of the USHL:

forward - Justin Abdelkader

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
The Dallas Stars select goaltender Jeff Frazee (unless Sabes comes on to change it).

And, since sammy87 is away today and has sent in a list (seriously, everyone should do this), the Boston Bruins select defenseman Teemu Laakso.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
TMHUNH said:
I think that is a very good choice. Frazee is BPA on my list, although I wouldn't have picked him since I got Rask already.

So if Dallas wants to change it they should be able to...I will go ahead and select someone he probably didn't want anyways.

LA selects from Cedar Rapids of the USHL:

forward - Justin Abdelkader

Great pick I have him high on my list, Abdelkader goes early second round in every mock and report I see. I just wonder if he's able to sneak in the first round. If he's consistently going in the 30-40 range what is holding him back from going in the first?

Possibly not a great offensive skill set? He can skate, finish, has great hockey sense and is a hockey player to the bone. Is he too two-way and reliable for the person looking for flash?

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:
Great pick I have him high on my list, Abdelkader goes early second round in every mock and report I see. I just wonder if he's able to sneak in the first round. If he's consistently going in the 30-40 range what is holding him back from going in the first?

Possibly not a great offensive skill set? He can skate, finish, has great hockey sense and is a hockey player to the bone. Is he too two-way and reliable for the person looking for flash?

Mostly it would be because he is not a flashy offensive guy as you mentioned that will hold him back...the other factor would be that he plays in the USHL. Historically, it has been tough for USHL players to even break into the 2nd round. Ellis, Carle, and Greene did it...and last year Oreskovich and Goligoski were late 2nd rounders. When all is said and done, Abdelkader could be the highest player taken in recent memory (perhaps at all) from the league, and could help to establish its growing level of play and respect among scouts.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Detroit selects D Risto Korhonen.

I will be PMing a list to Shane today to make the rest of my picks as I am camping all of next week starting friday afternoon.

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Shane said:
The Dallas Stars select goaltender Jeff Frazee (unless Sabes comes on to change it).

And, since sammy87 is away today and has sent in a list (seriously, everyone should do this), the Boston Bruins select defenseman Teemu Laakso.

Frazee was who I would have selected. Thanks for picking for me.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
The San Jose Sharks are offering goaltending propsect Patrick Ehelechner for a 3rd round choice. PM if you are interested, I'm willing to listen to offers.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Hercules Rockefeller said:
I was away for a while, and I doubt I'll be back full time by Friday. I'm also looking to trade Pavelec, I want nothing to do with him.

Salostyle expressed interest in Pavelec when he was drafted, perhaps you could work something out with him.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
With the 46th overall pick in the 2005 NHL entry draft, the San Jose Sharks select, from the Soviet Wings:

:sharks:​

Vyacheslav Buravchikov

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
TRADE ANNOUCEMENT

The Flyers trade the 64th, 84th and 92nd picks overall to the New York Rangers in return for the 48th and 114th picks overall in this years draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad