Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones, a late 1st, and a 6th for Boqvist, 2 1sts, and a 2nd, and Jones gets a massive extension

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Duncan Keith didn't kill penalties either. If you're paying a defenseman 9.5 mil a year he sure as shit better be generating offense too.

Also bragging about Jones carrying the load on a terrible defensive team isn't the bonus you think it is. Jones was on a terrible defensive team that played an extremely defensive system. Jones looked like he was going to be that guy on Nashville but the last 2 years, that hasn't materialized at all.

This is a joke right? I've never been more convinced you're a Blues fan who has been over here trolling for years on a burner account. You'd literally have to not watch the Hawks play hockey for the last 12-13 years to say DK didn't kill penalties. I've now heard it all from you. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
I don’t hate this deal. Did we pay an extra 1st and .5m more than ideal? Absolutely.

but teams don’t trade away their homegrown #1D and they don’t become available in free agency often… especially if they’re typically in the top half of those #1 guys.

we paid top dollar for an asset that we didn’t have and likely don’t have in our system (I’m including Boqvist). Now we have a reliable 1D who will eat minutes and play in every situation and put up points while doing it.

I don’t fault Bowman at all for taking the risk and paying the price. Kick the cap problems down the road and try to win a cup. That’s the whole point of playing and it seems like some of you forget about that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is a joke right? I've never been more convinced you're a Blues fan who has been over here trolling for years on a burner account. You'd literally have to not watch the Hawks play hockey for the last 12-13 years to say DK didn't kill penalties. I've now heard it all from you. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I almost fell out of my chair.

I took it easy since DHF said no name calling :laugh:

Reactions: wahsnairb

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Surprisingly little complain about NMC on Jones contract. Sorry that was later changes to M-NTC, and my biggest complain is out the door.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
lets hope your opinion of seth Jones is more accurate than the one about zadorov when the Hawks acquired him

What opinion was that? I liked Zadorov's physicality and hoped he could finally figure it out and play a consistent game. He couldn't. Couldn't give two shits about trading Saad as I think he's one of the most overrated Hawks ever.

Maybe we should talk more about how no team in the NHL plays any kind of man-to-man system.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
What opinion was that? I liked Zadorov's physicality and hoped he could finally figure it out and play a consistent game. He couldn't. Couldn't give two shits about trading Saad as I think he's one of the most overrated Hawks ever.

Maybe we should talk more about how no team in the NHL plays any kind of man-to-man system.

you swore up and down he was a high end top pairing guy, he’s not, he’s never been that

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
you swore up and down he was a high end top pairing guy, he’s not, he’s never been that

I don't ever remember that. I remember him saying exactly what he said. That he could be a top 4 guy if he figured everything out and got consistent. I'd love to see the quotes where he said Z was a "high-end, top-pairing guy". I'll rip him to shreds for it, myself. :laugh:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I don't ever remember that. I remember him saying exactly what he said. That he could be a top 4 guy if he figured everything out and got consistent. I'd love to see the quotes where he said Z was a "high-end, top-pairing guy". I'll rip him to shreds for it, myself. :laugh:

You didn’t remember yourself saying you’d extend Gus for 5x$6 I don’t blame you for not remembering what he said

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You didn’t remember yourself saying you’d extend Gus for 5x$6 I don’t blame you for not remembering what he said

Lol. Says the guy who didn't realize the HoF D that anchored his "favorite team" for a decade+ was their leading PKer, led all players in PK time through his tenure, and is the all-time leader in PK mins. I mean... Bahahahahahahahahahahahahah. And not even that you didn't realize, you actually made the serious statement that "Keith didn't PK." Bahahahahahahahahahah.

And instead of going to find the posts to back up your idiotic claim about pez, you try to take a shot at me. Why not go find the posts, instead of trying to change the subject?

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There was so much talk over Gus....a number of us wanted to keep the guy and not rush trading him out that year because he was the only driver we had to our power play. I don't recall many saying to extend for 5 years, or what AAV- just don't rush getting rid of the guy who was helping this team score goals.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There was so much talk over Gus....a number of us wanted to keep the guy and not rush trading him out that year because he was the only driver we had to our power play. I don't recall many saying to extend for 5 years, or what AAV- just don't rush getting rid of the guy who was helping this team score goals.
I'm also pretty sure my post had a couple different values/terms in it. So he's being disingenuous by posting just one. Not shocking, though.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Lol. Says the guy who didn't realize the HoF D that anchored his "favorite team" for a decade+ was their leading PKer, led all players in PK time through his tenure, and is the all-time leader in PK mins. I mean... Bahahahahahahahahahahahahah. And not even that you didn't realize, you actually made the serious statement that "Keith didn't PK." Bahahahahahahahahahah.

And instead of going to find the posts to back up your idiotic claim, you try to take a shot at me. Why not go find the posts, instead of trying to change the subject?

Oh wait, I was right, it just didn't happen for as long as I thought where Keith wasn't on the #1 PK

2012-13 Chicago Blackhawks Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

shorthanded ATOI

11-12
Seabrook - 2:28
Hammer - 2:22
Keith - 2:17

12-13
Hammer - 2:42
Oduya - 2:24
Keith - 2:16
Seabrook - 2:07

Then after that it went back to Hammer far and away 1, Keith, Oduya