Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones, a late 1st, and a 6th for Boqvist, 2 1sts, and a 2nd, and Jones gets a massive extension

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I get all of that argument. If Dach explodes next year, keeping him is the right move.

If he's on the Couturier development path then they're better off trading him for Eichel. Why take that risk that he develops slowly?

I think the risk of Eichel's injuries is way bigger than Dach's slow development. It sure sounds like he'll need surgery at some point and it's not his back, it's his neck. Limiting neck mobility for a star forward? Come on. The Hawks have a lot of nice prospects. They d0n't need the hail mary of an Eichel trade.

You can be the best player in the league but if you're injured you're not worth it. I always cite Eric Lindros as an example. I know it was a different injury, but same principal. He was so, so good but his career was so, so short and the last few years he was essentially worthless as a player.

Trading for Eichel isn't the Flyers trading for Lindros, it's the Ranger trading for him.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The moons aligned for us at that draft, Red Dog God granted us #3 overall..I can assure you Bowman is not letting him go. I mean that, GMs will get attached to their own high end kids, especially the way the situation played out.

Like ChiHawks10 has said, cap implications have to be weighed heavily as well. The Hawks felt then and still do, that we got a legit 6'4 #1 center who is on an ELC for the next few years- trading that away right now just doesn't make sense for a $10 mil player who is better now, but in 2 years??? Who knows..
Dach comes off his ELC after this upcoming season. He's getting at LEAST $5M next year.

Having 4 guys making $9.5-10.5M would only be an issue for 1 season.

We don't even know if Toews is going to play, or if he's going to be any good.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Dach comes off his ELC after this upcoming season. He's getting at LEAST $5M next year.

This whole debate from you reeks of "I'm mad the Hawks traded one of my favorite prospects, so we should just trade all of the prospects."

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This whole debate from you reeks of "I'm mad the Hawks traded one of my favorite prospects, so we should just trade all of the prospects."

It’s a reasonable response to the Blackhawks flushing away their future for the present. If you’re going all in, then do it. Dont piss away assets that might get the team half way there if you’re not willing to trade other future-forward assets to get even closer to the promised land. Stop being half-pregnant, basically.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I get it in a sense, Eichel is dangling out there...Hawks could still make some room with de Haan and Strome to be sent out...but to lose a 20 year old Dach for what is still a bit unknown on Eichel's health and that contract is just something I don't want right now.

We kept hearing names like Jones and Eichel, but it was never both of them together- look at Minny for them doing something like that just on signings - Suter and Parise...Suter still has game left, but both bought out and both contracts hindered that team.

We still have Kane and Toews here, plus a few others like Kubalik and Cat that make a pretty penny..We would be too top heavy loaded for the next 2 years to really make an impact...and oh yeah, STILL need a #1 goalie or pay Lanks to be it lol...

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
It’s a reasonable response to the Blackhawks flushing away their future for the present. If you’re going all in, then do it. Dont piss away assets that might get the team half way there if you’re not willing to trade other future-forward assets to get even closer to the promised land. Stop being half-pregnant, basically.
This is my point.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012

Dach is still in a spot where it might be everybody's interest to bridge. He's got to be healthy and produce, even as a number 3 overall.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Hamilton kills penalties too, he's not on their top pairing. I thought Keith wasn't on the top pairing. I was wrong on balance, but I was right that Hammer had a few different partners on the top pairing during the Hawks run.
No, you were 100% wrong. Your quote was "Keith didn't kill penalties either"

You did not say he wasn't a top penalty killer, you said he did not kill penalties, period.

How you can claim anything other than having been totally, 100% wrong is staggering.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
No, you were 100% wrong. Your quote was "Keith didn't kill penalties either"

You did not say he wasn't a top penalty killer, you said he did not kill penalties, period.

How you can claim anything other than having been totally, 100% wrong is staggering.

This was in response to someone saying Hamilton doesn't kill penalties, which he does. I figured that is how things were being framed, not killing penalties as in not on the primary defensive pairing which is true about Hamilton.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
This was in response to someone saying Hamilton doesn't kill penalties, which he does. I figured that is how things were being framed, not killing penalties as in not on the primary defensive pairing which is true about Hamilton.
That is some high level goalpost moving, right there.

You were wrong, you refuse to admit it. Says a lot about you.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
That is some high level goalpost moving, right there.

You were wrong, you refuse to admit it. Says a lot about you.

you can go back and read the conversation in context if you want, it’s just a few pages back

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
you can go back and read the conversation in context if you want, it’s just a few pages back
Are you f***ing mad?????

You said Keith does NOT kill penalties.. Period. End of story.. Take a damn look below..Keith has more pk time by double/triple most every year over Hamilton..

Hamilton has had like 3 years in his last 9 where he has over 70 minutes of pk time..that is NOT a top pker for a #1 paid dman, for f*** sake, all you do is move the damn goal posts constantly.. Only reason he got more pk time was because he was paired with Slavin last 2 years...

Just 3 years ago Hamilton had 21 minutes of pk time in an 82 game season bwahahahahaha....

upload_2021-7-29_15-52-11.png

upload_2021-7-29_15-51-28.png

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Lol. This is hilarious.

I guess you had trouble finding a quote of me saying the fabricated bullshit that you claimed I said?

I’m sorry you said he was a fine second pairing defenseman. Also said there was no way in hell the Hawks were trading him

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Are you f***ing mad?????

You said Keith does NOT kill penalties.. Period. End of story.. Take a damn look below..Keith has more pk time by double/triple most every year over Hamilton..

Hamilton has had like 3 years in his last 9 where he has over 70 minutes of pk time..that is NOT a top pker for a #1 paid dman, for f*** sake, all you do is move the damn goal posts constantly.. Only reason he got more pk time was because he was paired with Slavin last 2 years...

Just 3 years ago Hamilton had 21 minutes of pk time in an 82 game season bwahahahahaha....

View attachment 457764

View attachment 457762

He averages like 50 seconds of PK time per game...

Reactions: AmericanDream

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

based on the interaction between Danny Wirtz and Stan at 3:38 it almost seems like they were going to pick Stillman's brother if he was there at their pick

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

based on the interaction between Danny Wirtz and Stan at 3:38 it almost seems like they were going to pick Stillman's brother if he was there at their pick

Outside of the Sedins, how many brother tandems are actually worth the effort of putting together?

The Staal brothers, maybe (2 out of 3 in Carolina).

Generally speaking, there's usually one really good brother, and one pretty mediocre-t0-crappy one (Niedermayer, Benn, etc).

It get using it as a tool to try and coax the better brother over, but when you already have the talented brother on the roster, don't really see the upside in uniting the brothers as far as on-ice impact.

Feels like an easy feel-good PR beat, without much real substance.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Outside of the Sedins, how many brother tandems are actually worth the effort of putting together?

The Staal brothers, maybe (2 out of 3 in Carolina).

Generally speaking, there's usually one really good brother, and one pretty mediocre-t0-crappy one (Niedermayer, Benn, etc).

It get using it as a tool to try and coax the better brother over, but when you already have the talented brother on the roster, don't really see the upside in uniting the brothers as far as on-ice impact.

Feels like an easy feel-good PR beat, without much real substance.

With the way they talked about the C. Dach pick I don't think we need to worry about smtg like that.

It could make sense to bring in the sibling even if less talented. They don't have to be compared to each other, if ones a 7D but youre comfortable with his character coz you know the brother, cool.

I think we were just another team that liked Chase Stillman, and we happen to have (and like by all indication) Riley too.

But yeah, super rare for all bros to the be very talented. Does happen though, we are seeing it now with the Hughes'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad