Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones, a late 1st, and a 6th for Boqvist, 2 1sts, and a 2nd, and Jones gets a massive extension

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Also pretty sure we will develop Reichel into a potential stud. TSN guys at Worlds were gushing that the Hawks had found another gem forward from Europe.

Boqvist with his injuries and our history of D development was far riskier. Besides with Jones he wasn’t gonna get the playing time assuming we keep Murphy which we will
I'm all for keeping Murphy, I like the way he plays. Z is the wild card, do we sign him to a QO or do a sign and trade? Z and Strome for a power forward would be my choice, but who is available?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'd like to see more research specific to hockey and contact sports, because that's more relevant than say a study on marathon runner and sprinters. I'll do some more digging later when I can do it from a computer.

They'll be comparable to many endurance sports as far as physical prime. Factor in the contact and sure, there's a chance he'll fall off sooner, but not some kind of guarantee. He's an elite athlete, and he's dishing out most of the abuse, rather than taking it.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
Florida got a top 10 protection on their first given to buffalo yet we cant even get top 5 or 10

Come on now, if we didn't learn anything last year....half our roster would have to come down with season ending injuries for us to even sniff top 10, much less top 5. I mean really, we'd have to be playing 6, 7, or 8 rookies on any given night to be that bad....

Wait a minute...I feel like I'm having dejavu....

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Now I thought Keith played better than many gave him credit for last few seasons...but this now means we will have someone on the power play point that not only has a strong shot but can get shots through on goal and not constantly blocked at the point.

We will have an even more lethal power play. Jones at the point unloading bombs and Toews in the crease creating havoc and scooping up loose change.

We sorely lacked that blast from the point which leads to pressure and 2nd/3rd chances. That alone changes the dynamic of a team.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Come on now, if we didn't learn anything last year....half our roster would have to come down with season ending injuries for us to even sniff top 10, much less top 5. I mean really, we'd have to be playing 6, 7, or 8 rookies on any given night to be that bad....

Wait a minute...I feel like I'm having dejavu....

And? The shawks were a game away from the cup finals and gave Ottawa a top 3 pick the following season. You can never just write off a season and assume they will do well because of past results. What if Kane suffers a long term injury and they slide down into the top 5? There is no way to know what would happen and we arent a team like Colorado/Vegas/Tampa who would be near locks to make it we are a team that beat out only a rebuilding Columbus and Detroit team in our division.

DesperateBeliever

Jun 16, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: RayP

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Now I thought Keith played better than many gave him credit for last few seasons...but this now means we will have someone on the power play point that not only has a strong shot but can get shots through on goal and not constantly blocked at the point.

We will have an even more lethal power play. Jones at the point unloading bombs and Toews in the crease creating havoc and scooping up loose change.

We sorely lacked that blast from the point which leads to pressure and 2nd/3rd chances. That alone changes the dynamic of a team.

Jones has never been that good on PP ,, Not sure where this he is great on PP narrative has come from

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Point out where I said he is great on the power play??

I said he is FAR better than Keith. And he gets shots through to the next. Reading comprehension BWC...try it.

Just wanted to make point that Jones is not really good at all on PP

So our crappy PP is hardly going to be much improved with Seth Jones on it

I wont be shocked to see Boqvist thrive in Columbus on PP while Jones falters as usual in role

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

I wont be shocked to see Boqvist thrive in Columbus on PP while Jones falters as usual in role
Boqvist would thrive of Werenski sticks to being the Point guy and Boqvist gets more shots off the half wall, that's really what he did in London, never was hyped on him ever taking command from the point.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I hope Boqvist thrives. This isn't a win lose situation. He will get plenty of opportunity over there so rooting for him.

Our power play was very strong most of the year WITH anemic Keith on the point. Imagine having a guy like Jones who can shoot and pass out there. A strength just got stronger. Simple as that.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I hope Boqvist thrives. This isn't a win lose situation. He will get plenty of opportunity over there so rooting for him.

Our power play was very strong most of the year WITH anemic Keith on the point. Imagine having a guy like Jones who can shoot and pass out there. A strength just got stronger. Simple as that.
Keith wasn't on point all as much and the PP was hot at times with Boqvist and Beaudin over Keith.. they even did 5 forwards a few times though I think they didn't score much with it or stick to it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Keith wasn't on point all as much and the PP was hot at times with Boqvist and Beaudin over Keith.. they even did 5 forwards a few times though I think they didn't score much with it or stick to it.
Keith got plenty of pp time last year. We will be even better overall without him on the point for our power plays. Anyone was literally better than him there sadly.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018

Also, Toews winning face offs and playing down low. The PP of Jones on the point, left top circle Cat, right half boards Kane, down low/slot Toews and Dach should be dynamic. Also could slot out Dach for Kubalik

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad