Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones, a late 1st, and a 6th for Boqvist, 2 1sts, and a 2nd, and Jones gets a massive extension

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks paid too much for Jones and the extension was questionable

That said Jones is playing well and Jackets got what they wanted which was to rebuild/retool on fly adding assets and a young talent in Boqvist to build around as well as Sillinger , etc

As of now both fanbases should be happy with performance of Jones/Boqvist

As Hawk fan the biggest annoyance beside overpayment (IMO) is that we used the late first we got on Allen

Allen has shown nothing to justify his selection and it was questionable at time and doesn't look any better

Using 1st on Allen just makes the value of deal slant more for Jackets

Still it will be years before we have final verdict on deal but right now it does not look as terrible as it did in summer as Jones play after shaky start has been strong. Big question is building team around him for quick turnaround and frankly we are in mess on that department largely thanks to mistakes from Bowman

The cupboard is fairly empty so if a Kubalik offer comes around that nets Hawks a 1st + prospect we should pull trigger to help team longterm

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
That pick this year is starting to hurt less. Not that it doesn’t still hurt, but the Hawks have almost pulled themselves out of the bottom 10 after that disaster start.

I’m not sure they’ll make the playoffs, that’s a really deep hole. But I’m also not convinced they’ll be a bottom 10 team either. I’d be fine with giving up a mid teens draft pick and moving on.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That pick this year is starting to hurt less. Not that it doesn’t still hurt, but the Hawks have almost pulled themselves out of the bottom 10 after that disaster start.

I’m not sure they’ll make the playoffs, that’s a really deep hole. But I’m also not convinced they’ll be a bottom 10 team either. I’d be fine with giving up a mid teens draft pick and moving on.
If they make that pick about 12-15 OA then it's not that bad.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
Right place right time can also imply that he is reading the game correctly and going to the right places based on each situation.

Absolutely, but we are only seeing one side of the coin with his goals. If he's pinching up so often, I wonder if CBJ fans are having their own "Gus" groans the way we do....or rather have, with his own gaffes.

Either way, Boqy definitely has always had good offensive instincts and a shot to take advantage of em.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Absolutely. I know I'll get shit for this, but Gus has been solid as well.

I thought he’s been good the last 10 games or so. He’s cutting guys off on the half wall and separating them from the puck in the d zone where before he may have just tried to get a stick on them and they go right past and get a chance or start a cycle. With that improvement and his offensive ability he’d be hard to sit with who we have to replace him in the lineup.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I thought he’s been good the last 10 games or so. He’s cutting guys off on the half wall and separating them from the puck in the d zone where before he may have just tried to get a stick on them and they go right past and get a chance or start a cycle. With that improvement and his offensive ability he’d be hard to sit with who we have to replace him in the lineup.

He's been, probably, their #2 or #3 defenseman over the last few weeks. That's not saying much, but I've been happy with his game. I checked, and he's a +7 over the last month, too. So it's translating to results.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I didn't know much about McCabe's game prior to him coming to Chicago but he has surprisingly great wheels. I'd like to see him utilize that more with more aggression on offense .... but I agree, his game has been a lot better lately after a rather auspicious start in Chicago.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, Gus being solid so far kinda freaks me out.
I will get a lot of flak for this opinion but in my view, Gus has never been a terrible Dman. It is his blatant (inexplicable) gaffes that occur at the worst times that have been his downfall.
Lately, he has cut down on the dumb mistakes but I thoroughly expect a return and eventually, everyone will turn on him once again. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4