Confirmed with Link: Seth Jones, a late 1st, and a 6th for Boqvist, 2 1sts, and a 2nd, and Jones gets a massive extension

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oh wait, I was right, it just didn't happen for as long as I thought where Keith wasn't on the #1 PK

2012-13 Chicago Blackhawks Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

shorthanded ATOI

11-12
Seabrook - 2:28
Hammer - 2:22
Keith - 2:17

12-13
Hammer - 2:42
Oduya - 2:24
Keith - 2:16
Seabrook - 2:07

Then after that it went back to Hammer far and away 1, Keith, Oduya

Lmao. You literally said "Keith didn't kill penalties."

Nice try moving the goalposts, though.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You said 4x4 then one upped it and said 5x6

Sooooo yeah, like I said. You were being disingenuous. Thanks for proving my point. :thumbu:

And I already took the L on that one. You refuse to ever take an L, even when it comes to one of the worst statements that has EVER been made on HF Hawks, right here in this thread.

Last edited:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Lmao. You literally said "Keith didn't kill penalties."

Nice try moving the goalposts, though.

Hamilton kills penalties too, he's not on their top pairing. I thought Keith wasn't on the top pairing. I was wrong on balance, but I was right that Hammer had a few different partners on the top pairing during the Hawks run.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
My opinion: You trade Boqvist+ for Jones, you better be trading Dach and Reichel for Eichel as well. No need to be f***ing around.
Once again it comes down to- the Hawks believe Dach can be that #1 center very soon ...versus Boqvist might not ever/take longer be that #1D.

No reason to make that trade if you feel you essentially have that player already..and at $10mil more...

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Once again it comes down to- the Hawks believe Dach can be that #1 center very soon ...versus Boqvist might not ever/take longer be that #1D.

No reason to make that trade if you feel you essentially have that player already..and at $10mil more...

I think Dach is really good, possibly as soon as this season but you don't take the risk that he's not. You go get Eichel. If Dach doesn't develop quickly enough then they're in some shit.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hamilton kills penalties too, he's not on their top pairing. I thought Keith wasn't on the top pairing. I was wrong on balance, but I was right that Hammer had a few different partners on the top pairing during the Hawks run.

Typeform-Blog-Gifs-Inline05.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think Dach is really good, possibly as soon as this season but you don't take the risk that he's not. You go get Eichel. If Dach doesn't develop quickly enough then they're in some shit.
I would love Eichel, but not at the price of Dach.

Sure Dach may never be as good as Eichel is, but in a cap world, $20 mil on 2 guys, plus Kane, plus Cat and Kubalik..plus some holes still needing filled- not really where we need to be..and sounds familiar from our past cap issues right??

Hawks believe in Dach and he will be the #1C here in the next year or so...they aren't making that trade period.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Explain why not?

I'm probably the board high man on Dach and I think they should do that.

It could take Dach 2-3 more years to developinto that bonafide 1C that the Hawks need. Why wait and waste Jones's prime?

One, Eichel has injury concerns up the ass. It's not EK levels from a few years back, but he has concerns. Very valid ones. Out of his 6 seasons, he has missed just shy of an entire season of games, as he is constantly getting hurt. I think he's actually played a full season of games once? Maybe twice?Dach could be 80% of the player Eichel is as soon as this season, and he's on an ELC. By the 2023 season, there's a very good chance he's just as much of a 1C as Eichel. And then to toss Reichel into it? Just doesn't make sense in any way.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I would not do Dach+ for Eichel right now mainly because you still need young players on cheap contracts to offset the massive contracts. Now if you want to revisit this idea in 2 years or so when Kane and Toews contracts come off the books, I would consider (pending Eichel's health, of course) the Dach+ for Eichel but not right now.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
One, Eichel has injury concerns up the ass. It's not EK levels from a few years back, but he has concerns. Very valid ones. Out of his 6 seasons, he has missed just shy of an entire season of games, as he is constantly getting hurt. I think he's actually played a full season of games once? Maybe twice?Dach could be 80% of the player Eichel is as soon as this season, and he's on an ELC. By the 2023 season, there's a very good chance he's just as much of a 1C as Eichel. And then to toss Reichel into it? Just doesn't make sense in any way.

I get all of that argument. If Dach explodes next year, keeping him is the right move.

If he's on the Couturier development path then they're better off trading him for Eichel. Why take that risk that he develops slowly?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I get all of that argument. If Dach explodes next year, keeping him is the right move.

If he's on the Couturier development path then they're better off trading him for Eichel. Why take that risk that he develops slowly?

Because there's a salary cap? Gutting your depth(which is what having 4-5 guys on a roster making $10m/year does) is not a winning formula. Then what? Surround them all with league minimum guys?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Because there's a salary cap? Gutting your depth(which is what having 4-5 guys on a roster making $10m/year does) is not a winning formula. Then what? Surround them all with league minimum guys?
Losing Strome and Johnson to make the cap work isn't a huge loss. They have other cheap players that can fill those roles.

They have to bridge 1 year with 19/88/4/ Eichel making $10M.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

The moons aligned for us at that draft, Red Dog God granted us #3 overall..I can assure you Bowman is not letting him go. I mean that, GMs will get attached to their own high end kids, especially the way the situation played out.

Like ChiHawks10 has said, cap implications have to be weighed heavily as well. The Hawks felt then and still do, that we got a legit 6'4 #1 center who is on an ELC for the next few years- trading that away right now just doesn't make sense for a $10 mil player who is better now, but in 2 years??? Who knows..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad