Seriously, who REALLY has a chance against the Pens?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Predators I think are the only team that could seriously give the Penguins a run for their money. I don't think the Oilers are deep enough to beat the Penguins and I don't think the Blues or Sens have the top end talent good enough to beat the Penguins.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Anyone thinking the Sens can beat the Pens reminds me of all the people who said Carolina would beat them in 09 because of what they did in the first two rounds.

Yeah Pens swept em.

When creating an argument of reason and logic, I too like to look back into the annals of time and see what greatness there lies. In these moments so long lost, we can see the what caused greatness to transpire and that is how I know that the pens will win the next 6 Stanley cups in a row. In fact, they may never lose a playoff game again. History tells me so

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Same here and I'm a Sens fan..

I don't think any Sens fan realistically thinks we could beat the Pens.

I don't think any realistic fan should think their team can beat the Pens either. The only team that can actually match up against them is the Caps and we see what's going on.

If Pens finish Caps in 4, I legit think they could go 16-0.

how would they go 16-0? they lost a damn game to Columbus....or was that some alternate reality?

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Larkin is the fastest player in the NHL?

Slepyshev showed why he's the "other" 1st overall pick for Edmonton. Good size, good wheels, likes to hit.

Draisaitl has wheels, as do many other Oilers. They're inexperienced, I'd give you that, but they're not a slow team.

Why, yes he is!

Almost every team left in the playoffs are faster. Only the Capitals are slower, only because they have zero playoff jam.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I already put money on the Pens before the season started to win in Vegas. I don't see anyone else beating them.

Maybe Ottawa can stifle them defensively with the trap but we've seen them light up the Sens in the postseason before.

Maybe the Preds can go toe to toe with good goal tending and a great offense but I doubt it.

Pens are clearly the favourites right now but things can change. Crosby and Malkin could get trapped in an elevator in a game 7, who knows?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
The real answer to OP is : any team that is still there has a chance. Seriously. That's what makes it fun.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Doubt they're gonna just PDO their way to the cup this year.. They've played like garbage the first two games of this series, they've just capitalized on the few chances they have had. They need to be better if they want to win the cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad